Verlinden German Soldier's Gear

winterfritz

Hi all………….sort of new here……..been lurking, boning up on all sorts of good tips and what naught………..
Anyway, I have a question……..I have gotten Verlinden Product #0057; German Soldier’s Gear…and am wondering what is the best way to get those harnesses on????
Sand down those that are molded on the given figure???
Thanks;
Winterfritz….

[attachment deleted by admin]

You got it . I would first cut and sand away the existing harnesses or belts. Using cyanoacrylic on a separate surface take a toothpick and place a few drops on the harnesses ( think like welding metal ), a tag of glue to each achor point where the harnesses meets the figure eg the back belt , the shoulders , then to the front only use a small amount. Then get your tweezer's or the back of your hobby knife and form the harnesses to sit flat on the figure, when your happy use tamiya fine cement to finsh the job. I am in my early thirtys but still magnifying glasses for the small stuff. Stay Safe, Aj

Thanks CQM!!
Yeah, I almost picked up some Tamiya Fine Cement the other day but wasn’t sure what it was particularly good for……..so……….it couldn’t hurt to get some. Gotcha!!
Now……it looks like I better pick up those sanding needles that I’ve been blowing off…….
No hurry though…….this project is about a month down the road……..
In this vein, I am thinking about jumping into aftermarket modifications and intend getting something simple to get the feel of these products. Right off, I’m leaning towards one of the WW2 Soviet assault guns…………….so…….this Tamiya Fine Cement would once again come into play???
Thanks again….
WF

Here's my rough go at it.........I didn't need the needle files but instead used a dremel tool and xacto knife....wasn't as difficult as I thought

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back