Up loading pictures....

spanner570

Thicko here again!

I've been trying to up load some pictures direct form my computer with no success.....

I don't use photoshop and the like.....

Can someone let me know how I go about uploading.....I can get as far as writing the content of the post and transferring the images onto here from my computer but when I press the preview button no pictures appear......sorry to sound thick but I'm a bit stuck!

Thanks,
Ron

Well I use Photo Bucket to link my pics. I would recommend getting an account (or one similar like image shack or whatever) and once you have created your folder click on the image you've uploaded, copy and paste the 'direct link' then over here at SMA click the little portrate pic in your reply (bottom left) then paste inside the IMG.....IMG and bingo pictures there!

Ron, do you get the message 'your file is too large' ?

Attaching pics can be a bit of a pain, if the file is too large it wont work. I too recommend one of the free photo hosting site like John mentioned above, or else you'll have to shrink the file size of your photos most likely in order to get them to attach.

Thanks for the quick replies boys...

Ken, the files are the correct size.
Here's what I am doing.....

Subject...text...browse attachments....open image....file no. appears in attachments....press insert image icon....

Press preview button....I get this (img)(/img) but no picture.

When I came to type this message, I had a notice in red writing stating that I had images loaded but not used, so the pictures have been successfully downloaded, but I just don't see them on 'preview'.......I'm sure I'm just one click from getting it right!!

I don't want to use photoshop or similar, prefering to keep the pictures on my computer.

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm really stuck!

Ron

Okay, well I've never been able to see attachments in preview myself, they only appear when the actual post is made.

I can't figure out whats happening, I'll send Scott a note to look into this but until then, there should be some way to get those photos posted if they are successfully loaded. As a test, just reply here and attach one photo, don't hit preview just hit post, lets see what happens...

Thanks Ken....Testing, testing!lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

That works fine.....So it looks like as you point out the pictures are not seen in preview....So how can I write some text between photos?
That's all I need to know, now I see the images don't appear in the preview....that is where I was confused.

Ron

That's one of the drawbacks to attaching the photos, they come at the end of the post so you can't write text in between each one of them.

If you wanted to write text for each photo, you'd have to do it in the order they are posted and just point it out in the text as to which one is which.

Thanks for explaining things Ken, I appreciate both you and merseajohn taking the time, and having the patience, to help me......

All is clear now.

Thanks again,
Ron

Latest posts

Back