Unemployed and addicted to scale models(again)

Bushy

Hey guys,
im really excited about finding this place! i already learned a bunch of new things that I'm going to try out in the future!
I just recently got back into scale models after 15years or so, and I'm loving every minute of it!
Since i have plenty time between looking for new entrepreneurial opportunities :p I began my comeback with a FJF-5 Panther and a Douglas A-20 G Havoc. I only had about a dozen paints, so i had to improvise and i also got a bit carried away with the decals :) I don't have an airbrush, so the painting is far from this forums standards! But I gave it my best shot with a set of paintbrushes i found laying around. Here are some pics:

Douglas on the left and Panther on right

Panther: as i cut out the part that holds the left landing gear it flew out the window (literally), so i improvised with scrap...epic fail...

never saw such a nice instrument panel back in the day, sweet part!

The Douglas A-20

I wanted to make this look like aluminium, it was supposed to be green though :)

I went with the Soviet version decals...

But i liked the ''free France'' decal too much to leave it off so this is a model of alternate history where the USSR liberated France :p

I really enjoy these engines!

Don't be afraid to criticize, i need all the help i can get :p

Im planning more planes soon and ill post them in the airplane forum!

Again, glad to be here!

Cheers!

Looks great! Welcome aboard also. By the way, no standards here, as long as your having fun doing the kit, then your doing it right. That's what it's about. Don't be afraid to try new things only advise. Have fun!

Welcome aboard here.
And what truly matters is two things:
Do you enjoy what you do?
And are you improving?

Thanks for your replies guys!
I enjoy modelling too much and i think i got a bit better, or at least more calm and patient when building :p

Im going to try and make a little diorama of a crashed plane. I haven't decided on the plane yet, but be sure ill post my progress on the forum!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back