Turbo Mustang with wetbikes

Toppervision

So this is my first real post here showing something. I had broke the seal on this kit on a Youtube video then I decided to build it. Neat kit, lots of 80's type stuff here. Anyway, just getting started. I'm hoping that I've posted pictures here. I'll keep updating this thread.

Wetbikesbox.jpg

Mustangandwetbikesinbox.jpg

Wetbikebodies.jpg

Revell - Turbo Mustang with Wetbikes

Man those things used to annoy me on the water! Be cool to see what you do with them though.

Here's a couple more pics. Sorry for the extreme slow motion build. You'll notice that about me sometimes. I've got the trailer together and now I'm painting the wetbikes. More soon.

Wetbikesinwhitepaint.jpg

Trailerassembled.jpg

The Nylon Gag said:
Are you planning on adding extra details?

What type of extra details? Can't imagine what else to put on a wetbike. But here's some more pics. The trailer is basically done and I'll be masking off the seat and top of the wetbikes to spray some satin black.

Trailerdone.jpg

Wetbikespartspainted.jpg

Continueing on, I had to mask the top part of the wetbike bodies off to paint the seats. This went pretty well considering. That's Rustoleum satin black. And I just used a Sharpie marker on those footrests and rear clasp. Then I went to try a decal and it fell apart on me. They are 32 years old after all. But I had tried one that I didn't need and I've sprayed the whole decal sheet with clear laquer now and it looks like they're safe. Next update soon, sorry again for the slow-mo build.

Wetbikesmasked.jpg

Wetbikestapeoff.jpg

Wetbikeseatcloseup.jpg

Toppervision said:
Sorry for the extreme slow motion build. You'll notice that about me sometimes.
No worries. I work backwards 90% of the time.....main reason it takes me 2-4 yrs. to finish a build. That Klingon ship I'm working on has a deadline of the end of June, but in my world will be August of 2017. Just lett'n ya know.

Alrighty then, wetbikes are done. The decals worked fine after the extra clear spray. I got some nice pics below. Now, on to the Mustang!

Wetbikesfrontside.jpg

Wetbikesfronttop.jpg

Wetbikesbacktop.jpg

Wetbikesbackside.jpg

Latest posts

Back