TNG Klingon Vor'Cha Cruiser

ModelMakerMike

"It's Slobberin' time""
Hey everybody!
This is my second attempt at loading this topic!
:)
Hoping it works this time.
This is the TNG Klingon Vor'Cha Cruiser.
I built it probably in the mid 90s around the same time I built the Klingon BOP.
I used pretty much the same techniques on this one. I started with a coat of flat black, and then dry-brushed a Tamiya Grey acrylic, and then applied several shades of greens, Mostly to the top, and some reds/oranges to most of the bottom. Then I painted some metallic Graphite, and steel for further details. :)
I also used my technique of fluorescent on the clear bits to simulate lighting effects.
Anywho, there are a lot of pix.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

29-1.jpg

30.jpg

And here's a little comparison side by side of the old and the new!

31.jpg

;D

Grendels said:
Looks good, What are you using for the florescent paint?
I think I just used the set of Testors enamels. I have bought a couple of the box sets.
Just got another one a couple years ago, for my Enterprise from the show "Enterprise". :)

Nicely detailed! Your color choices are really good here, love the panels. ;D

mercs32118 said:
Nicely detailed! Your color choices are really good here, love the panels. ;D
Thank you!
These pix really illustrate how rough my dry-brushed grey turned out. :(
I am kinda disappointed with that, but this piece represents what I was doing at the time, and I would do things differently now. :)
Yeah, I do like how the panels turned out...Oh yeah, the stand is really rough too, aside from the gold, it was all hand brushed. :/

I think this cruiser does look great, Mike. You did excellent job with all those panels, this color scheme just caught my heart :)

ModelMakerMike said:
Grendels said:
Looks good, What are you using for the florescent paint?
I think I just used the set of Testors enamels. I have bought a couple of the box sets.
Just got another one a couple years ago, for my Enterprise from the show "Enterprise". :)

Thanks for letting me know, I will have to track some down.

As you yourself would say, Mike... KEWL! 8)

Really like the grey base colour, it helps make all those panels stand out. And the panels on the belly, the brown shades, are very Klingon-ie. Again, the UV paint is stunning!

I'll hopefully be starting mine within the week. ;D I've already been doing some test fitting for lights and printed off my reference pics.

;D
Thanx guys it's very nice getting your comments.
For a long time I've kinda worked in a vacuum. Just relying on my own opinion of stuff. It's really nice to hear such positive things from fellow modelers. ;D

@Igard, you're putting more thought into yours already! I just kinda did what I would like for a Klingon. I am sure yours will be far more accurate.

@CTSpeedshop, thanx. I like 'em too, and I think they turned out better than I was expecting.

@Noc5659 Thank you. I have done that treatment on several of my builds. When I started that back in the late 80s-early 90s, I toyed with the idea of creating some sort of reflecting boxes with multiple black lights, or mirrors because if the uv is not shining directly on the paint, it won't glow all that much. Now, I think I will just do lighting, or a combo of UV Leds, and fluorescent paint. :)

@Solander, Yeah, I know how it can be. My "NCC-1731 REPUBLIC" has been under way for over a year now. But I haven't worked on it continuously. I love your Star Destroyer!
;D

ModelMakerMike said:
@Igard, you're putting more thought into yours already! I just kinda did what I would like for a Klingon. I am sure yours will be far more accurate.

Haven't decided how accurate I want it yet. I think I'll go for screen accuracy, but I've always thought the Klingons would have different colour schemes for their ships, what with all the various houses and all that.

It also depends on how many mistakes I make. ;D

Very intricate paint job you have there....

I luv the Fluorescent paints... an Easy way to light a model...

Thanks for sharing !!!

I'll have to keep an eye for those as well...

Latest posts

Back