Throwing in the towel.. for now...

WigWag Workshop

"Keep The Glue On The Styrene"
Good Day Folks!

Please don't take this has a negative, but I am giving up trying to build "shiny" civilian things for now. No matter how much I try, I just can not complete a shiny build. I have read tons of how-to's, take my time, and take it one step at a time. I always end up, mucking up the finish by the time I am about to complete a build. So I am going to take a step back, and "perfect" my weathering skills :D and keep on building some wingies, whirly birds, floaty things, and armor.

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest, I was working on a '69 Charger, had everything looking aces, and BAM! screwed up the paint. So I gently packed it up in the box, put it away, for another moment in time.

-Steven

A shiny paint job is very hard to do. I wasted about 40 spoons just trying to get the paint down smooth. It is more technique than anything.

It takes a lot of practice to get it right.

If you need to step a way for a bit, do so. I have one model that is on the back burner for similar reasons.

Don't give up.
It's not easy I know. But when you achive it :) Man are you proud then :)

If there's a modeling club near you, you should visit it and talk to anyone else who builds cars. I am always amazed at the finishes the car fans achieve on their models, they're consistently smooth and glassy. I think it's just practice and patience. You're right to take a break, don't let it become an obsession, but don't let it be an obstacle, either.

I don't look at it as giving up, I look at it as falling back and regrouping then going at it with a better plan.

Brother....If there is anything I can do to help you, just send me a message. I know how you feel with the frustration but as some stated, step back from the build for a bit. come back to it later. You'll get there. Lord knows, if I can do it, anyone can......................Gilbert

Latest posts

Back