This is Only a TEST !

panzerace007

Hey Guys,

I've recently had an Idea of how to Paint a Car model that I'm working on. It's not necessarily New & I'm not trying to invent th Wheel. It is My frist experience with ALClad . I plan to shoot th car ( ICM's Opel Admiral {1/35th scale})

I plan to shoot it with Their Black Primer/Poly filler , cover that with th Gloss Black Base , Chrome { tape off the chrome grill , head light bezels ,window frames , & body trim } Then shoot th Car body in several layers of AlClad'sTransparent Red.

So, here's My test subject .... Not th best subject & I probably could've prepped a lil' better , but I just wanted to get a feel for it & see what was up .... Hey ... Pimp Ma' Tiger I

1274446068wyBf0U.jpg

DSC08126.jpg
I shot th Turret in the Black Primer 2 coats , 2 coats of the Gloss Black Primer , 2 coats of the Chrome - misted on . I also shot all of th AlClad @ 15 psi.

Sorry I forgot to take pix of th Primer & Gloss Black Base . But since this Paint Hog had several layers of Acrylic paint, I did buff the Base coat with 12,000 buffing pad on th top of th Turret , where I could get to.

DSC08127.jpg

DSC08131.jpg
Since She was a "Hog" , some years ago I added the Zimmerit via Squadron Putty - eek - I think it was My 1st. attempt @ Zimmerit ! ;D

The next step is to give it a barrier coat of AlClad Aqua Gloss Clear , & then several coats of Transparent Red !!!

Stay tuned !!

Just a word of caution.
Your black gloss has to be absolutely perfect with no dust or scratches.
The metallics will magnify these imperfection and ruin the piece, especially if you are trying to make the parts look like chrome. As you can see on the turret, you can see all the textures and imperfection.
The barrel collar looks like a piece of metal

DXM,

I will take your words of caution .. as I mentioned - Probably not th Best test subject. But I do get to see what th hazards are. Where i could get to it, I buffed the top of th turret !

Latest posts

Back