The Xwing Fighter

Hi Scott,
Love the process of evolution on the base, its lookin mighty fine.
The bigger base is going to look wicked with the lit up beast.

Joolz.

Thanks. A short vid, but showed the entire process, minus paint and weathering. Can't wait to get the Red 6 over it!

The base looks really good. Honestly, when I first saw it I was a bit skeptical of the result but with the primer on it it's really cool! Can't wait to see more! Is the AB thing finally sorted out?

Really looks good with the primer, pulls it all together. Neat idea to build it oversize and then cut it to the "off" angle like you did... something I wouldn't have done.

Oh, one idea I picked up from the Kamloopian.... food handlers gloves. They are real cheap, able to be tossed after using, are solid enough to keep the paint off of the fingers and hey, if they still seem usable you can always serve dinner in them.

Bob

Maaaan...duuuude...that base is (as one person I know usually say) WIIICKEEED AWEEEEESOME!!!!!!
wooow...just wow.
I love how it came out!
Indeed,it's really gorgeous!
Great vid,I really enjoyed it Scott

Cheers man and keep it up

Thanks guys. Primer...man, it does wonders. I agree, I was a bit skeptical at first too. The air brush is back on track. Just time...not much of that. I'll get it done.

That base is lookin real nice, amazing what a solid colour can do.

Very convincing, well done. 8)

Wow cool one. I am always very fascinated about how cool things look, once they have the same color. Heh. Looks very great so far! I also love the stand and the size of it. :eek:

You said you want to display a damaged / crashing Red 6. Are you planning to add fire and smoke as well? Since that'd be quite interesting.

Thanks. Yeah, the primer....it does wonders. The Red 6 is not going to be damaged. In her final moments but not damaged. Thanks again.

Wow! Coming along great!
In the vid you appear recharged and ready to keep going. It's great to see that!
I can't wait to see more!

Excellent base. The detail you have put into it... wow!

How about building a turret with a flashing green LED light to make it look like it's firing!

Chas

Love the base - it looks terrific! When you said that you were going to scribe lines, I thought, "Scribe lines? What lines?" :)

Thanks guys. Thought about putting a light in there, not sure yet. Thanks Terry, for the reference and the comment and for joining, welcome!

Thanks, That was a lot of fun. It's great to start something and finish it. Gotta try that more often :)

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks guys. Thought about putting a light in there, not sure yet. Thanks Terry, for the reference and the comment and for joining, welcome!

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back