The Super Bug

Neo

What do you mean i'm addicted to Airplanes!
For this year i shall be building a Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18F from VF-103 the Jolly Rogers

Ill be using the Blackbox resin cockpit and Fighter town decals

For reference i have the amazing book from reid air publications "The Modern Super Hornet Guide"

To start here is my "Proof of Life"
DSC_0397-7%20%281024x683%29.jpg

[take a spanigh accent]
Now gringos, in the next 3 month ill post picture of it piece by piece until there nothing left!! Or until im able to post the completed result in the air category!

You know ill do it gringos !

Cheers

Neo

p.s i remember from last year you guys are a tough crowd to get a laugh so i decided to start with my Colombian kindaper sketch ;D ;D

Oooooo a Jolly Rogers Hornet one of me faves think this might give me the bug to build my Revell F-18 8)

Dan B

Alright

here is the progress so far

ive done a lot of cutting/gluing prepping

DSC_0406-2%20%28800x696%29.jpg

DSC_0408-4%20%28800x534%29.jpg

Ive cut the wings and used the optional folding mechanism.
DSC_0409-5%20%28800x534%29.jpg

The intakes where glued, sanded, filled the seams and i poured some latex paint into them. Im pretty satisfied with the result
DSC_0416-10%20%28800x534%29.jpg

danb said:
Oooooo a Jolly Rogers Hornet one of me faves think this might give me the bug to build my Revell F-18 8)

Dan B

Yeah those black tails are lookers! glad i can inspire you! i wanted to build this one to go next to my tomcat i built a little while back
p1030657c.jpg

Grendels said:
Looking forward to it!

Glad to have you along this build journey!

Well the poop just hit the fan!

i was polishing the canopy and windscreen , and while inserting blue tack into the windscreen to prevent it from cracking well i cracked it!!

now i do have a F-18C in the stash im presently checking if it will fit! i contacted the hasegawa distributer and there asking for $$ and 11weeks delivery time :O

might have to go to plan B

Thanks for the support guys. Well the C windscreen is 99.8% correct... to my eyes at least. I did a dry fit and it seams ok.
I think im gona gi with that and when i get the replacement from hasegawa ill put it in my C kit.

Quaralane said:
Glad to hear it will work

Thanks

well you know that 0.2% i was talking about .... once the cowling is on the C windshield dosent fit anymore the curve is different in the front !!

Oh well plan B it is

Ok well i could not just leave her like this.

ive installed the pit, and fused the main body together.

Learning from other build logs, ive pre painted the intakes for easier masking of the intakes

DSC_0019-11.jpg

DSC_0018-10%20.jpg

DSC_0022-14%20.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Thanks guys

ill keep wonking on it and cross my fingers the replacement windscreen gets here on time!

Latest posts

Back