Thank You Tamiya

Probably a C-note
I hope not man that would be a bummer if they can't keep it a bit more affordable, I have refused to pay that much for a model kit but I know the temptation would be extremely hard for me to resist and I really don't want to break that seal and we all know what breaking the seal leads to. ;):)

Seeing as how Tamiya's other 1/48 jets like the F-16 and the F-14 are around 70-90 dollars, that's probably an accurate guesstimate. Even some of the 1/1000 scale Star Trek stuff is 50 and up.

Seeing as how Tamiya's other 1/48 jets like the F-16 and the F-14 are around 70-90 dollars, that's probably an accurate guesstimate. Even some of the 1/1000 scale Star Trek stuff is 50 and up.
I've seen their expensive F-14's but If you are seeing their F-16 kits going for 70 to 90 try Hobbylinc they are just under 60 there. The F-14 kits are up over $100 there though so if the F4 is the same then I am sure I'll break that seal.

It always pays to shop around. I try to support a few of my favorite retailers if their pricing isn't outrageous. Of course, Tamiya quality is sometimes worth it.

This is pretty cool news. It could be cheaper than the Zoukei Mura Phantom in 48th scale, but then again it may not, depending on how much extra features they want to add. I can imagine that a Tamiya kit might be more affordable for you guys because they likely have better distribution outside of Japan than Volks does.

It always pays to shop around. I try to support a few of my favorite retailers if their pricing isn't outrageous. Of course, Tamiya quality is sometimes worth it.
That's a good point. When Tamiya released its P-38 kit two years ago, it retailed here in the States for around sixty bucks, and that was just the kit, before you might have it shipped from an online vendor.
I bought mine through HLJ, who had it on sale, and with shipping, using the private warehouse feature and combining several items, it came out less than $60 for that kit.
And I bought DoraWings' P-43 kit through an eBay seller from the Ukraine, who offered the kit for $45 and free shipping. That, too, was less than retailers here were asking for the kit, before shipping.
Definitely look around and see if you can find a discount.

Lost my enthusiasm for aircraft at the moment so I'm gonna have to pass. Just can't spend that much cash on a stash filler that I can't say if I'll ever get around to it. Hobbylinc in Georgia lists it at 95.00 ouch.

Latest posts

Back