TFA T-70 X-Wing Red Squadron

Ozzman78

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
In The Force Awakens we see a few red squadron pilots, Poe even calls a couple to cover him, but we never see the ships. I decided to fix that and work on a red T70. Rather than build blue 3 and swap out the blue for red I used the color palette I have for all the ANH birds I've been working on. So you will see yellows, tans, and blues used. Not just gray and red.

Base colors down, started some of the paint beat down. Still need to add the metallic paints and panel wash.

Couple of pics:
27035975164_cdfece0686_c.jpg

27547412252_655f1473ba_c.jpg

Great idea! I like how it looks. I think they were just a bit lazy in the movie - like they used the same ship for all the X-wing shots that weren't Poe's black one. Like the stripes on the wings - they all have the same number of stripes! Like they didn't know that the stripes are supposed to designate blue I, II, III etc.

Anyway, Love it!

Thanks for taking a look everyone!

Ramsayman: I agree they were very lazy about the x-wings in TFA, copy/paste blue 3 over and over. Even Poe's black x-wing is blue 3 with the color changed. If he is black leader shouldn't he have a single orange stripe on each wing? I guess they figured you see them so little and they pass by so fast you won't notice they are same model. ILM did the same thing for the x-wings in the special edition of ANH, all the digital x-wings are red 2, with a couple background wings wearing red 5's side markings.

Yep. Having said that, I still love the design and think it's a logical progression from the T-65. Looks great in red!

Red2 is finished! Went with the snow base idea that we have seen a few time now. Overall I'm happy with the result but I don't love the kit as much as the T-65 kit. Pics below:

28108654610_3c8e07fab7_c.jpg

28391307135_23b5fc7af8_c.jpg

28287009812_b4e69a37f4_c.jpg

27775432303_95bd20d337_c.jpg

28287010982_324c4cb05d_c.jpg

Awesome job on this! Very creative in adapting the color scheme. Really liking your blend of old and new.

Oz that's a beautiful rendition of an X-wing never seen before now! Outstanding!

I like this version much better than the ones we saw on screen- excellent job and a wonderful translation of the traditional color scheme to the new vehicle design!

Latest posts

Back