testors grey primer No.921556004

ozzy59he

i got a really good deal on 12 bottles of testors grey primer No.921556004 but i can not find what i should use to thin it with does anyone have any idea? is it acrylic or enamel it dosent say on the bottles ???
100_3775.jpg

Hmm... Never seen that lable before. My search came up bupkiss. maybe try the smell test, that may indicate what it is. Or play with the various thinners and see what works.

Wow, never see that stuff before. Yeah Id try the sniff test too. My guess is its lacquer based, I use lacquer thinner to thin my Mr Surfacer.

It has to list on the back what is in the bottle, unless it is so old that it was before they had to put that on the bottles. And if that is the case, it would either be enamel or lacquer.

i guess i will try to experiment by trying difrent thining material to see which works here is the rest of the labeling on the bottle if it might help. all i see as far as formula is glycol ethers thanks for your help
100_3778.jpg
100_3779.jpg

I may be wrong, but ether is a form of alcohol, so to me that would be an acrylic. Try some 70-90% rubbing alcohol to start.

i believe you are rite i looked at my other acrylics and they have the same glycol ethers so i will go with the alcohol thiner i thank you all for your help :D

Be carefull using alcohol to thin your acrylics friend. Alcohol doesnt have a retardent in it. This may result in your paint drying between the brush and the model resulting in "pebbling" or a dusty affect to you finnish. I had to learn this the hard way. Windshield washer fluid should work better for you friend.

Latest posts

Back