Tamiya Willys jeep problem

slodogg62

What ive just noticed in building tamiyas willys jeep is...when you put the engine fan on, then the top part that has the radiator top on i t, the fan blades dont clear the radiator line.
How would one correct this? cause im doing a dio with the hood open on it.

thanks all for any help you could give me at this point.

Pat

Building one myself. I am at that same step. I will let you know today, if my kit exhibits the same problem.

Having built several my self, I either fudged the kit location a little and puttied or I replaced it with brass tube or bent plastic evergreen tube. (heat it up a little similar to stretched sprue)

Below are images of the my 1946 CJ2a, It will be the same as a MB except that my 1947 (replacement engine) has a optional oil filter on the Passenger Side of the engine (orange and somewhat dirty bit as opposed to the orange of the fresh paint. Take note that the clearances in the real engine are extremely tight between the fan, radiator shroud and the coolant hoses. For my next jeep (model) I may trim the fan itself down as it appears to be a little over sized anyway. Need to get back to making (the real) jeep run for the winter plowing season. (that is why there is a lawn mower gas tank showing in the last photo)

Latest posts

Back