Tamiya to RAL

CY343491

Hi,
Is there a complete chart where i can convert tamiya acrylics to RAL standard?

Thanks, ipmsstockholm is dead by the way. Maybe i should scan RAL catalogue one by one.
I don't also like RAL or FS standards, yesterday i sprayed a decanted acrylic aerosol can with my airbrush first time, it gave me great results, no need for thinning (AB cleaning was not as easy as standard acrylics though) but saves a lot cash . I am planning to collect aerosol cans which i use for large amounts.

By the way sometimes i can't find flat version of paint, do you think that adding matt medium will work? It's a thick consistent material, i'm sure that it will thicken the consistency of paint, how can i thin it after? Or spraying matt varnish after paint is better option you think?

Thanks, ipmsstockholm is dead by the way. Maybe i should scan RAL catalogue one by one.
I don't also like RAL or FS standards, yesterday i sprayed a decanted acrylic aerosol can with my airbrush first time, it gave me great results, no need for thinning (AB cleaning was not as easy as standard acrylics though) but saves a lot cash . I am planning to collect aerosol cans which i use for large amounts.

By the way sometimes i can't find flat version of paint, do you think that adding matt medium will work? It's a thick consistent material, i'm sure that it will thicken the consistency of paint, how can i thin it after? Or spraying matt varnish after paint is better option you think?

No, they’ve just changed their domain. Here is the link.

As for flat paint, Tamiya makes X-21 Flat Base which you can mix in with your gloss “X” paints to turn them matte or flat.

I sometimes like to spray the gloss versions of paints if they’re available so I can avoid having to spray a gloss clear coat for decals. Gloss paint works just as well and it’s one less layer of paint to screw up. Then I finish off with a flat varnish (which is pretty hard to screw up).

Latest posts

Back