Tamiya Paint Database – US Federal Standard Colours

Yeah , never understood the clear coat requirement .

I was convinced you didn't understand what I was describing but now I'm convinced that you also don't understand what's going on in your own brain .

Well, you can continue with the ad hominem attacks if you’d like, but that doesn’t change the fact that color doesn’t change depending on far you are away from it. This isn’t quantum theory - which determines certain subatomic particles change states depending on whether they’re being observed or not - now THAT is mind bending stuff.

How is that ad hominem ?
I'm telling you I think you are confused .
My opinion .
Not a doctor .

You keep ignoring the one , and only , important fact : COLOR IS IN YOUR HEAD .
Color IS perception .

You started off with " color doesn't care about your perception " and it's unchanging but now everything changes it .
Except distance .
Somehow that doesn't affect flux .
if only there was an equation ...

How is that ad hominem ?
I'm telling you I think you are confused .
My opinion .
Not a doctor .

You keep ignoring the one , and only , important fact : COLOR IS IN YOUR HEAD .
Color IS perception .

You started off with " color doesn't care about your perception " and it's unchanging but now everything changes it .
Except distance .
Somehow that doesn't affect flux .
if only there was an equation ...

You saw fit to question what “goes on in my brain”. I take that as a personal attack. Continue and you will be reported as I’m fairly certain it goes against the rules here.

Color chips don’t care about your perception. They are a repeatable standard based on mathematical values. It has nothing to do with perception. The color doesn’t change depending on who’s looking at it. THEIR perception may be different, but I’m not concerned with THEIR perception. I’m concerned with what the actual color is supposed to be.

In regards to scale effect ,
first you said you were undecided but then immediately in the next post said you don't buy it .
Why the quick change in opinion ?

You say distance doesn't affect color but luminosity does ?

In regards to scale effect ,
first you said you were undecided but then immediately in the next post said you don't buy it .
Why the quick change in opinion ?

You say distance doesn't affect color but luminosity does ?

I was being polite. Then you pressed.

Luminosity is a property of color, because color with respect to paint is only reflected light off of different pigments. That doesn’t change. If you look at Casey’s measurements that value is determined. It’s called the LRV or Light Reflective Value.

Polite ?
Uh , it would have been rude to say you don't think scale effect is valid ?

Urumomo.

My take is that no colour is correct.

An aircraft straight out of the factory. Superb spot on colour.

An aircraft used in the country with a equitable climate. That colour will change in months.

An aircraft used in Afghanistan. The colour under the climatic conditions will fade. Just the aircraft
in the air virtually every day will fade the colour. Some aircraft have paint even stripped in areas.

For me. I take in my Afghanistan diorama for each aircraft a very different colour approach.

Also believe that unless you have a very expensive monitor & similarly a computer each of us
will see a different colour of a model we view. How many on the run of the mill monitor & computer have actually colour calibrated monitor & computer ?

Plus how many will see a model & say "that is the wrong colour".

Apologies have spelt "colour" the correct way.
;)

Laurie from the beautiful Island of Jersey (British Isles)

Urumomo.

My take is that no colour is correct.

An aircraft straight out of the factory. Superb spot on colour.

An aircraft used in the country with a equitable climate. That colour will change in months.

An aircraft used in Afghanistan. The colour under the climatic conditions will fade. Just the aircraft
in the air virtually every day will fade the colour. Some aircraft have paint even stripped in areas.

For me. I take in my Afghanistan diorama for each aircraft a very different colour approach.

Also believe that unless you have a very expensive monitor & similarly a computer each of us
will see a different colour of a model we view. How many on the run of the mill monitor & computer have actually colour calibrated monitor & computer ?

Plus how many will see a model & say "that is the wrong colour".

Apologies have spelt "colour" the correct way.
;)

Laurie from the beautiful Island of Jersey (British Isles)
Laurie, that's so true and just to add my little bit, it's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun and relaxing, it's supposed to relieve us of stress and have a laugh.

More importantly, it's supposed to help us all learn a little to improve ourselves with the help of others.

I believe in getting it as right as you can but close enough is OK for me. I like to get feedback but I'm not going to worry about every little detail being right .

The builds I have had the most fun with were the one's that were completely wrong. Pantherman

Attachments

• 20221010_202202.jpg
    20221010_202202.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220930_205956.jpg
    20220930_205956.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3
Laurie, that's so true and just to add my little bit, it's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun and relaxing, it's supposed to relieve us of stress and have a laugh.

More importantly, it's supposed to help us all learn a little to improve ourselves with the help of others.

I believe in getting it as right as you can but close enough is OK for me. I like to get feedback but I'm not going to worry about every little detail being right .

The builds I have had the most fun with were the one's that were completely wrong. Pantherman

Agree entirely anything which complicates is a down side for me.

Just love sitting at my work bench thinking how am I going to do that.

"Love your selfy" :D

How do I get to put a thumbs up in the box at the bottom of someones reply.

Agree entirely anything which complicates is a down side for me.

Just love sitting at my work bench thinking how am I going to do that.

"Love your selfy" :D

How do I get to put a thumbs up in the box at the bottom of someones reply.
On the phone app just tap like at the bottom of the post. Hold the like if you want to add an emoji. Not sure about desktop layout as never used it (I will have to now I think of it)
Pantherman

Thanks ,
but I'm not the one that needs the edification .
I guess you misunderstood me also .

I know the answers to the questions I asked .
Those questions weren't for me .

Last edited:
Thanks ,
but I'm not the one that needs the edification .
I guess you misunderstood me also .

I know the answers to the questions I asked .
Those questions weren't for me .
So be it but I think others may be. I certainly was.

Laurie

Latest posts

Back