Tamiya NATO Colors

Dusky

Does anyone know where I can buy Tamiya's NATO colors (black, brown and green) in the US? The sites I've checked so far all have them listed as out of stock. My Leopard is ready for paint and I can't progress any further on it until I can get some.

Try ordering them online from a Canadian supplier. Try Elm City Hobbies. Most of my LHS in Edmonton, have stocks of Tamiya paints.

Tamiya paint products have been scarce as hen's teeth in the US due to the labeling issues.

I don't carry Tamiya, but do carry Vallejo and have matches to the Tamiya colors.

Gunze makes a NATO paint set in their Mr. Color line and Lifecolor also has a NATO paint set.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Tamiya paint products have been scarce as hen's teeth in the US due to the labeling issues.

I don't carry Tamiya, but do carry Vallejo and have matches to the Tamiya colors.

I stocked up on Tamiya primer when it finally was available and now it seems to be out again. I'm still trying to get some Tamiya Fine Cement.

I have both the primer and the glue in stock if you need it. Being in Canada, I can get the product as apparently the labeling issue doesn't effect us.

The paint however, since I don't carry it, the only way I can get it is a box of 6 bottles, as that is how they come.

Elm City Hobbies said:
I have both the primer and the glue in stock if you need it. Being in Canada, I can get the product as apparently the labeling issue doesn't effect us.

The paint however, since I don't carry it, the only way I can get it is a box of 6 bottles, as that is how they come.

I went to my local hobby shop and they had the cement. I have plenty of primer to last me awhile. I forgot to get the NATO paints while I was there...

this labeling issue is a joke the tamia paints i have are all in english even the ones i got from japan, so whats the deal with the label now?

You have some of the new ones then, the ones they have been shipping to the US were all in Japanese. CDN bottles are re-labeled (at least the spray primer is) at the CDN distributor....basically just an English/French warning sticker not to inhale, drink, put in fire or puncture. Seems like a simple fix to me....not so simple in the US.

California laws are making it difficult as well, but I have been told that some are starting to trickle back into the US.

i think its common knolage really and of course the americans are making a big deal out of it... Typical i SAY :p

All of my Tamiya bottle paint labels are completely in English and I have one jar with the new label and there isn't much difference. I know Tamiya's putties and some other products only had labels in Japanese. I have a few jars of Mr. Color and they are completely in Japanese, yet they don't have to relabel?

Talked to the owner of my LHS today and he said they had just finally gotten some of their restock and should have the rest of it in a week. Hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel for you Tamiya users. i like the glue but am not a big fan of their paint. Not that I don't like it but it's not my first choice.

SoarinSukhoi said:
All of my Tamiya bottle paint labels are completely in English and I have one jar with the new label and there isn't much difference. I know Tamiya's putties and some other products only had labels in Japanese. I have a few jars of Mr. Color and they are completely in Japanese, yet they don't have to relabel?

Has to do with the warnings on the bottle apparently.

And the difference between Tamiya and Mr. Hobby, Tamiya USA (the one that imports all things Tamiya into the US) is located in California. If you don't have the proper labels for California (which have the strictest rules on the labels), then you can't import them into the country. The Mr.Hobby importer is HobbyWave in Washington....they don't have the same strict labeling rules in Washington as they do in California...hence easier to get.

If anything, the Mr. Hobby labels are worse than Tamiya....other than what the product is and the size, everything else is in Japanese.

Elm City Hobbies said:
SoarinSukhoi said:

Has to do with the warnings on the bottle apparently.

And the difference between Tamiya and Mr. Hobby, Tamiya USA (the one that imports all things Tamiya into the US) is located in California. If you don't have the proper labels for California (which have the strictest rules on the labels), then you can't import them into the country. The Mr.Hobby importer is HobbyWave in Washington....they don't have the same strict labeling rules in Washington as they do in California...hence easier to get.

If anything, the Mr. Hobby labels are worse than Tamiya....other than what the product is and the size, everything else is in Japanese.

I tried to take pictures of the bottle labels, but my camera is too shitty. There is not much difference between the labels and the warnings are the same. The old labels already had the California warnings. However, the spray cans did have their labels changed.

And yes, as a I mentioned the Mr. Hobby paints are completely in Japanese.

Just wanted to thank California for another fine example of the willingness to mess with something. I say we kick California off this planet . Really thanks all you lame California law makers who are more worried about a simple labor on a small jar. Not like there aren't more important things in that state to worry about like the crime rate or all the blind people driving out there. We need a little smiley face here with a flip finger for California. Lol. Okay I'm done ranting. Lol

Latest posts

Back