Tamiya M4A3E8 Sherman Easy Eight

Werner Voss

As I posted a few days ago, I am returning to the hobby after about 25 years or so absence. I was misinformed that my wife’s favorite uncle was awarded the Purple Heart after the Sherman he commanded was hit killing three of his crew in the Battle of the Bulge. Turns out he was likely commanding an M10 tank destroyer based on the Sherman, but by the time I knew that I had already started on this popular version of the M4.

D4594438-7C71-49CA-A1A3-510BA13CEB3D.jpeg

I am going out of sequence from the instructions as I plan on weathering the tank. I am just about ready for the primer and then will paint and weather the exterior with detailed parts, rollers and treads to follow.

Hello sir

Welcome to SMA... They're really quite friendly, ones you get to know them.

*joke*

This old kit is on my to do list as well. So I'll follow along here if you don't mind. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this thing.

Thank for sharing

0FAB41DC-66EC-4FC9-B48D-E3A8358EF9F6.jpeg
It’s been slow going as I have been bringing work home from the job in the evenings, but back to making some progress.

Attachments

• 9DF40E08-330E-4874-9D8A-50D624D6B7FB.jpeg
    9DF40E08-330E-4874-9D8A-50D624D6B7FB.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 7
I feel the struggle of not being able to make/find time.
This is shaping up really nicely too!

I have a couple of the RFM models on the shelf, and after looking at those, modellers always buy this one, I will be interested to see how it turns out in comparison with the RFM version

I hope to complete this over the weekend. Nice weather may delay that as the wife and I get some hiking in (and I just may get on the water for fly fishing).

The Tamiya Sherman is pretty good and I have had no problem with fit. What is missing is interior details.

I am convinced my next kit is going to be the AFV Club M10. Interior details have to be better with the M10’s open turret. Additionally this kit features an aluminium barrel. I plan on upgrading the tracks and bogeys.

Pics of the Sherman to follow.

Latest posts

Back