Tamiya 1/48 P-51D Build

biomedchad

Switching things up and attempting my first aircraft. This kit is really nice. The quality of the molds leads to the kit almost falling together. It's also fun brush painting and detailing on the fly unlike with my scifi builds. Here is a quick update

Tamiya P-51D 1/48 Scale Part 1

She's looking pretty good so far.
Sorry to hear that the original plan didn't turn out like you'd hoped.

Ive seen in a previous video from another you tube user where he has had a ton better success getting a shinier finish from buffing the Model Masters Metalizers by buffing the painted pieces with a piece of panty hose. You may want to give that a try to see if it gives you more of the desired effect you were looking for. Alclads I hear are hard to beat but I know a bunch of people that prefer the MM Metalizers as well. Looking good wither way its nothing to be disappointed with. I think it looks good dude. In regards to stripping paint, the best way Ive seen so far from my experiences was letting the model soak overnight in what people refer too as the purple pond. The Purple Pond is Castrol Super Clean (spendier version) but I prefer Purple Power which can be purchased at Dollar General or Walmart. Purple Power is basically the same stuff just a generic for Castrol Super Clean. Either or work like a gem for stripping paint.

Latest posts

Back