Tamiya 1/35 M1A2 Abrams

Steve_L

Okay, it is time to show something...

Currently I am building this M1A2 from Tamiya. The kit is just perfect, everything fits so well and the parts are really detailed.

I've painted the kit with Vallejo and Tamiya colors. With the next steps I will add a light wash, some weathering effects and pigments to the tracks. My plan is to place the model into a Diorama, but I am not sure yet.

Okay enjoy the pics and let me know your thoughts...

m1a2_1.jpg

m1a2_3.jpg

Thanks for watching

Steve

Hi guys,

had not much time for building last weekend and this week. Just started the weathering and took care of the equipment which will be placed on top of the Pit Bull (I like this phrase). Gonna upload the pics tonight.

Update:

I added a light wash to the tank and the tracks. I painted and weathered the equipment e.g. guns, ammo-boxes and backpacks

m1a2_update1.jpg

m1a2_update2.jpg

m1a2_update3.jpg

m1a2_update4.jpg

Next steps:

Painting the tank crew, setting some highlights and start planning the diorama...

Have you concidered using the Shinsengumi Camouflage Decals sheets for your US troops ???
http://www.hlj.com/product/SSGMCD018
The initial cost seems to be great for sheet of decal !!! and a little time consuming during installation.

But the OutCome is worth your time and money !!! for those that Feared painting figures... especially the German WWII SS camouflage or the NEW Modern Digital Camouflage our Trooper are now wearing.... this new product is just Awesome !!!

I didn't even Paint my Rucksacs , I only applied a Coat of Futures Floor polish to Give it a nice shinny surface After It was dried !!! I Applied small pieces of that Decal sheet ... one at the time... over a periode of 2 to 3 sittings... using lots of Mr. Setter and Mr. Softner to get the decals to set down nicely over the details and let me tell you ... Some peoples can't even tell it's DECALS...

I know I sound like a Sale Pitch but.... I was very pleased with the results ! You can get them thru Hobby Link Japan on line.... or thru your LHS.

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/contest_final/sheridan-m551-light-tank#
Take care !

Norm

OUT !

schweinhund227 said:
Have you concidered using the Shinsengumi Camouflage Decals sheets for your US troops ???
http://www.hlj.com/product/SSGMCD018

I was sitting there staring at the product image hoping to see a boat or space ship pop out at me. ;D

Wow, that stuff looks great - I think I'll give it a try.

Do you think it works with Micro Sol as good as with Mr. Softner? Recently run out of Mr. Softner and switched to Micro Sol.

Thanks for the hint- this will give my diorama a special touch!

Steve

DreamKnight... Now, That's Funny !!! Really ! I had a Good Giggle.... ;D Been a while since I seen one of those Digital posters... LOL

Steve.... I am not sure about the MircoSol.... I usually USE Japanese Setting solutions on Japanese decals..I presume those are Nipon Manufactured Decals ???

A small Test would put your mind to rest !!! I could try one small test if you like ???
I ordered 2 sets of Desert US Camo... hopfully the first one is for Desert Storm 1... and the Digital is for NOW.... I''m sure the Desert Camo got fully replaced by now ???

Soon the Trucks will bear Digital camo !!! LOL Now try to Spray paint that...!!! LOL

Take care Steve !

Latest posts

Back