Tamiya 1/24 Porsche 911GT1 "back from the abyss"

Done! Not perfect but much better than having it sit partially finished in a box on a shelf in the corner of a storage room for 12 years. I leaned a few things doing this so it was well worth the effort. I will be doing another restoration some time soon with a Revell 1/25 Reynard Indycar in the markings of of of my favorite drivers, the late Greg Moore.

070511004.jpg

070511006.jpg

070511008.jpg

070511010.jpg

070511013.jpg

Yeah that rocks buddy..................if mine comes out looking half as good as that i`ll be well happy, superbly done and top job with those decs!! ;D

`Boots`

Carsenault said:
Hi Ace, one beauty about the Tamiya 1/24 kits is they tend to pack as much detail as they can in a few parts as possible. The brake disk and calipers are molded in one piece. I do need to touch them up though. Yes, the real ones would be carbon ceramic.

awesome

carbon ceramic break rotors are the bomb, they are solid as a rock and extremely heat resistant, and also offer good stopping power, extremely difficult to damage, however they cost from $5,000 to $15,000 just for a set of those rotors!

beautiful detail, love what you have done with the exhaust, i like how you made it appear a if it has actually been exposed to some heat!

WOW, them decals are sick, Must have been a nightmare to do

Latest posts

Back