Tamiya 1/100 space shuttle orbiter

Real nice look at this kit G. Congrats on the second place showing in the contest! Did you enter your Academy piggyback shuttle or something else? Sounds like you have a full plate of fun scheduled!

fumblethumbs said:
Real nice look at this kit G. Congrats on the second place showing in the contest! Did you enter your Academy piggyback shuttle or something else? Sounds like you have a full plate of fun scheduled!

It was the academy piggy back shuttle. That was a bear of a kit but it came out well.

Spud: Yes it is a big kit. Very big. Caught me by surprise. This is suppose to be the best shuttle model out there.

Grendels said:
This is suppose to be the best shuttle model out there.

well all you need is them Tile Decal then mabe you could get them custom made??

spud said:
Grendels said:
This is suppose to be the best shuttle model out there.

well all you need is them Tile Decal then mabe you could get them custom made??

I did some looking, the only way I am going to get those tile decals is to get the custom made......

No one makes aftermarket decals for this kit. Well not tile decals.

Nice review G. I have the newer release of this kit. I am with you on the tile detail issue. A shuttle that large looks to much like a toy without it. I was thinking about scribing the tiles but that would drive me insane. so for now she sits on the shelf till I come up with another solution.

I talked to one person who makes 1/72 decals and he is thinking about scaling them down to the 1/100 shuttle.

Would love to do that one as Enterprise.
Be one time that the tile detail wouldn't be much of an issue

Very true Quaralane....

Spud: Rocketsilo does do custom decals, I will hit him up on them soon and see what he says.....

sweet ill look forward to seeing this one under way some time

I still have the 1/72 Monogram kit from the 80's, never built it. It has the space lab like this, but I'm sure there are several differences.

I am sure that there are. The Tamiya kit is suppose to be the best shuttle kit out there. But the scale of the 1/72, makes it the largest!

Latest posts

Back