T55A

`Boots`

Hey guys, as well as doin` some hotrod stuff in the auto section i thought i would post up a couple of build pics of the 55 i did a little while back...............quite a bit of scratch was done with the fuel lines and stuff and the exhaust shield, the turret tie downs, light cage and some Fruil tracks, also the signage was all scratched and stenciled (no they`re not decals :))

2009_04270029.jpg

2009_04270020.jpg

2009_04270019.jpg

2009_04270004.jpg

2009_04270003.jpg

2009_04270006.jpg

In the meantime this is the other i`ve been working on.........it`s a range tank and progress has moved on a bit since the lower piccy, the bottom half has now been rusterized and awaiting the next step, i`ll get a more up to date pic when i get 5 mins

Thanks all

`Boots`

2010_02140001.jpg

Love the chipping on the T55, very nice buddy.

The rusty old Sherman is looking fantastic, right up my alley.

scratchmod

Wow Boots, that T55 is great. Awesome weathering and I love the base - sign if so cool.

Your Sherman is looking wicked too - great stuff. Thanks for posting.

Yup, some great looking stuff there.

More fodder for the front page... ;D

Thank you kindly guys, really appreciate the kind comments..................just found the other pics of the sherman....

2010_02260002.jpg

2010_02260001.jpg

2010_02260004.jpg

2010_02260005.jpg

Rustin` affects are courtesy of Rob.........he led the way and i followed...LOL

Hairspray, salt, basecoat to go and then the fun bit.... ;D

`Boots`

LOL..............that was quick Rob, this baby ain`t forgotton............just keeps gettin moved around the bench ;D

`Boots`

We should coin a new term: Roxidation - it's rusted and it rocks! LOL.

Death certainly has a mysterious beauty.

Great stuff Boots. Killer. I HAVE to site down with Robs videos, take notes and give it a whirl.

LOL..............roxidation, i like it Scott, to be honest it`s a really enjoyable process and Robs vids hit the spot, i tried this before the vids appeared via his techniques page, there is an SBS using the hairspray and salt method, during mid weathering stages the vids came out and i then started picking up the ideas of `layering` and stuff................they are a big help i have too say, give it a whirl buddy you`ll` love it ;)

`Boots`

That sounds cool "roxidation".

Boots buddy I knew you'd get hooked once you got it down. That sherman hull looks fantastic buddy.

Rob

BOOTS,

Roxidation lives !! Great Job on both. That T-55 looks really cool !!

Question: Why is the Shermie so heavily rusted on th lower hull but not th upper hull ? I'm not taking anything away from your Build. I was just curious. The Sherman has been Roxidized !

Again great Job on Both !! Rock it, Rock it !!

ERIK

Re: T55A and Sherman Roxidation

Wow! I have to get a T-55 model. I usually do not like anything Russian but that 55 looks cool. The Sherman makes me weep tears of sadness and joy. On the one hand here is a well done model with some inspiring weathering and on the other hand being the Sherman geek [or freak] that I am there is evidence someone fired on this beauty. LOL!

Frank Blanton

Hey guys, thanks everso much for the great comments it is really very much appreciated ;D

As for the roxidation on the Shermie.....................the bottom half isn`t finished, it will end up the same as the upper hull, this is just the first stage prior to the hairspray and salt method, the basecoat will go over the top of this and then be scrubbed back to give the same effect on the upper half.............sorry for the confusion LOL

I never get bored looking at the '55' buddy ...that was a great build and it great seeing it out again ;D
The Shermie is looking mighty cool too ,look forward to an update on that one !!.

Chris.

Outstanding
Keep em comin the weathering has me looking how you did it................. I cant see any signs of how it was done ...... that is always a good sign

Thanks Chris.............yeah got a real soft spot for that `ol lady and she sits pride of place on the top shelf of the cabinet..... ;D,

Hey Modelguru..........if i can be of any help buddy just ask........

`Boots`

Jingles said:
panzerace007 said:
Question: Why is the Shermie so heavily rusted on th lower hull but not th upper hull ?

Just a guess, but as it's only a range tank, maybe it was cobbled together from 2 different Shermans... Maybe...

Jingles.

Or sat under water to th sponsons ? Anphib. practice ? ;D A pacific range rescue ?

Boots
Thanks for the offer bro ....... i understand the weathering process. It was a compliment to you saying I cant see what you did ......meaning it was done well. Sometimes it is possible to see the process people have taken. Keep doing what you are doing it is awesome work.

Latest posts

Back