spare engine for Earnhardt dio.

StyreneStylist

hey guys i wanna display an engine next to an Earnhardt car so I'm working on this.

so far got the main parts painted up and i decided to chop off the transmission and just detail the back of the housing.

on the oil pump thing I added block offs in the top 4 holes. and will run the bottom lines to the oil pan.
it will have all other wires and headers etc

IMGP4656.jpg

IMGP4655.jpg

IMGP4653.jpg

IMGP4657.jpg

got a couple hoses on.also added the bracket for the throttle springs
I like to detail without spending much money! lol

I make braided hose using mini blind cording. the A/N fittings are just pieces of wire insulation. I paint the whole setup with alclad and then the clear red and blue

IMGP4664.jpg

IMGP4671.jpg

IMGP4667.jpg

Excellent stuff James !! I like the idea of using mini blind cord for the braided hose ,never thought of that one ,Thanks :)

Chris.

Is the engine stand scratch built ? Very nice all the way around. Love the customized head covers with the RCR theme. Aftermarket or scratched with a bit of paint ? Just love the details in this build. Very cool dude.

StyreneStylist said:
I made the little stand. the rcr is a decal from Powerslide

Styrenestylist, would you care to send the plans on how to build that stand to me in a Private Message sometime you have a few free moments and can send it over ? Id love to make a engine stand like that for a diorama with my nascars sometime soon in a upcoming build. Thanks man.

I dont have any plans, I just eyeballed it lol. I wanted to use square tube but all I had was I- beam so I just cut off one side and glued it up.

do a image search for " engine cradle ", there is a ton of different looking ones.

Back