Sotar 2020-2F

Hey Guys! Ive been out for a while with the frustrations of life- anyways for the last year and a half i have been the neo by Iwata airbrush, and i know its a entry level brush. I just upgraded to the Sotar 2020-2F. Its in the mail as we speak, but i was just wondering if anyone has experience with it. I have seen great reviews for the normal sotar 2020, and from what i can see this one just has a bigger cup and a fine head spray option. I am using it mainly for gundam and airplanes. thanks!

I have a sotar 2020 with a fine needle. While you can use it for day to day stuff, I wouldn't. It doe not have a large spray pattern. But instead is for fine detail work.

I just picked mine up two days ago after letting it sit for a bit. It is very different than the Badger patriot I use for my day to day stuff.

The patriot covers larger areas better. But it uses more paint to get the same area done. In other words, I think the sotar atomizes the paint better allowing you to use thinner coats to accomplish the same thing.

You will also have to thin your paint a little bit more. But not much.

The sotar can paint a much finer line than the patriot can. But to accomplish this, you have to drop the pressure some or it will just fan out the paint on the plastic.

Sorry I compared everything to the patriot, I don't have the neo.

I know others have more experience with the Sotar, I have only used mine three times.

Don't let go of your Neo. I'm a huge fan of having multiple guns (no less than 5 at the house right now).

With the fine head, and media which is up to the task, the sotar will get you, literally, spray as tight as a sharp pencil (some skill required). Try to shotgun an MS part on a stick though and you'll not only be there all day but will be tempted to rush and end up with a less than even coat.

PS if you haven't already, order a spare tip and needle. You may never need them but there is nothing more frustrating than an knackered tip and/or needle and having to wait for a replacement. I keep a set for every gun I have. Just last week my Patriot was doing funny things....new tip and needle and you basically have a new gun.

thank you both grendals and sunsanvil! I bought it because i want to focus a lot on painting this year, and with most gundam parts there kinda small. I found a video and the spray pattern doesnt look huge but it also doesnt look limited to just ultra thin either. Lol either way its in the mail, i'll make some videos of how it works

it just arrived!! i'll have some pics up soon, but i can already tell this is going to be amazing- to bad i cant use it for a few days... but i'll get some videos up for you guys to check out soon

Latest posts

Back