So I ordered a Renegade RK-1 2in1 ....but

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
I ended up getting what looks like a cheap knock off with the right markings in a clear acrylic box with an ill fitting cutout and a stark lack of second needle and nozzle cap. I've also been told that I can't get a cash refund without a 20% restocking fee- with no return shipping compensation and that " That's just the way Badger sends them now in those clear cases and inkjet printed boxes", which I highly doubt. Now I must wait to talk to their sales and shipping manager until Monday :( Chicago Airbrush Supply is currently on my S&$@ List

image-92.jpg

I see cases of Krome AB's that Iain Hamilton of AK Interactive gets in stock directly from Badger and they do not come in a case like that at all. They come in a brown cardboard box which when opened reveals a hard black and silver trimmed flight case. I can take a picture mine if you need one.

That plastic thing doesn't look right at all. In fact, I now think I see why Chicago AB Supply was so much cheaper than everyone else...

You may want to present this situation to Ken of Badger Tbadger, I dont think he will be very happy with this misleading, false information, leading you to believe your buying a badger and receiving some foreign made nock off. He may want to speak with Chicago Airbrush himself. Thats plain wrong man.

I don't wanna burn anyone's business, but I at least want what I paid for and what was advertised. If they'll refund me my money without charging a restocking fee of 20% ( that'd be $25 for those keeping tabs) and adding in the $10 return shipping I'd be required to pay out of pocket.

Shady Business I Say

Well this is the exact same boxing/case i got with my Badger Patriot on the SMA contest so it might be their new pakaging

Try taking it apart and see if the parts are the same as the one Don Wheeler has on his web site. If something doesn't look right you could have a knock off. A tension spring that isn't stainless steel would be a good clue. I'm pretty sure the Krome uses a stainless steel spring like my Eclipse does.

Well, after looking online. It seems these we're the promo units sent to reviews and for other purposes. They're being marketed as the 2in1 with the fancy case and extra needle/nozzle and hose adapter in the box. So I feel like I've been hosed. :(

When I ordered my Krome from Badger, it came in the fancy chrome box with an extra needle and nozzle and hose adapter.

so basicaly they sold you a free sample... so wrong

Neo said:
Well this is the exact same boxing/case i got with my Badger Patriot on the SMA contest so it might be their new pakaging

No,

the Patriot boxing isn't the same as the Renegade series boxing: Velocity/Spirit/Rage/Jet/Krome etc. unless they are (as this seems to be) freebie/promo pieces.

It really should have come like this as advertised.

bdgR1V_wbox.jpg

badBARK1b.jpg

The Patriot, and many other Badger airbrushes come in the shorter, plastic cases such as this:

*again, unless they are promos/freebies etc.

IMG_8110.JPG

BAD105-2XR_700w.jpg

There really doesnt appear to be too much of a difference other then the packaging it came in, the missing extra tip, etc. Either way your missing items and should be entitled to what you payed for. Look into it and see what transpires. Keep us posted Tbadger.

Didn't even need to wait til tomorrow fora resolution. KenBadger already contacted me through airbrushforum and I have the missing parts and case on their way. His company is spectacular at fixing any issue. Couldn't ask for more!

Thanks Ken, if you see this! I'll be getting a compressor from you for sure!!

Thumbs up man. Ken is just supreme. Ive said this time after time already, so glad I ended up with a Badger Airbrush. The man is just class act on a business and personal level.

Not to mention I bet the place that sold it to you gets contacted by Ken himself as well. Not only does that look bad on the Company itself, it looks bad on Badger. Sure Ken wont be very appreciative of what the company you bought it off of did to you. Bad business and enough to persuade me not to do any business with them.

Well thanks to this thread I didn't buy anything from Chicago Air brush supply. And I just placed an order for air brush parts.

I'm surprised that Chicago Airbrush Supply has pulled this stunt.
I've bought several airbrushed from them and parts and never had an issue with them.

I guess times changed.

Had a chat with them about the cause. Untrained warehouse staff mistakenly stocking promo units into their " Retail" areas. 5 or 6 cases happened just like my own. Still weary to do business because they sounded more relieved that KenBadger took care of it and they ended the dialogue there. Guess its their personal choice, but I didn't even get an I'm Sorry EMail, a discount offer on another purchase ( which I am in the market for a new Compressor w/ tank ) , or even just attempting a free swag deal as hush money. Personally, I'll probably buy my supplies from tcgraphicsandpaint dot com or from tcpglobal on Amazon. I wish it was more cost effective to order from ECH or I'd purchase almost everything from Scott instead :)

I don't wanna scare away business from CAS, but review their return/refund policy and understand the procedures for correcting an issue before you buy ( from anywhere really). All of this would be avoided if I didn't try to save $19 and just ordered from AK Interactive!

I own a small business like Scott of Elm City does, and customer service is one of the things I have to work on with my employees on a daily basis. It is pretty easy to start and view the complaining customers as wrong, and evil. I have been to stores where this is the case and usually that is my last stop there.

I don't allow my employees to behave that way.

When mistakes happen, you get to find out about that company. I recently purchased a dual pack of very expensive toner cartridges from Amazon and that order just went bad. First the company sent out the wrong item, then sent me a single instead of a dual. When contacted, they refunded half of the purchase price with zero complaint.

The other cartridge exploded getting toner all over the person who opened it. I contacted them again and within an hour I had a refund and a return shipping label. They will get my business again.

It sounds to me that Chicago air brush supply is forgetting this. Hence I will not buy from them for a while. There are so many others out there, why put up with bad business. Another company will take your money and smile about it, treat you well.

Exactly. I'm not too bent out of shape about it, I just dont like sullying a name. Then again, if they dont qualify to be good then there's not much to worry about !

Latest posts

Back