SMA Big Spring Contest Entry WIP 1/3200 Scale AMT Romulan Warbird

TrekWorks

Hello all,
This is my entry into the Big Spring Contest the 1/3200 scale AMT Romulan Warbird model kit.
I am doing this one up with LED lighting and a custom paint job.
Really looking forward to seeing all the great work the contest will feature!

The model is coming along well and I have started the lighting of the forward section and warp nacelles.

Here are a few photo's of the progress on this kit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yikes that's a whole lot of small holes! TW you use a pin vise or drill for that? And are you planning on white coating the interior pieces for reflective purposes?
Looking forward to this as your quick builds lend enthusiasm to other modelers (including myself).

I used a dremel stylus with the smallest bit that will fit it for the estimated 1 million window ports lol.
And yes I coated the inside of the parts with some white before I sealed them up.
It should be fun to paint the out side areas. This model will need alot of airbrush work and maybe a wash to bring out the details.

You got those tiny windows really nicely lined up. Looking great so far! 8)

I'm eager to see if this has as bad seams as the old model.

From TrekWorks 1/3200 Scale AMT Romulan Warbird BSC Buildup

Hello all,
here are some shots of the progress I've made on my BSC entry the 1/3200 scale AMT Romulan Warbird. Sorry I started the thread in the WIP area of the forums at first.

Re: From TrekWorks 1/3200 Scale AMT Romulan Warbird BSC Buildup

As I said before those lights are gorgeous. Great job so far.

Just a stunning ship. You've done it justice. Superb job! 8)

Only complaint I have is that Round 2 should have made it bigger. I know they used the old molds, but still. They're not including the Ferengi marauder and Kling BoP, so would have been nice to give us something else. It's a big ship, should be a big model. Rant over! ;D

I agree.

Bit big kits are a) EXPENSIVE b) difficult to find display space for.

marketing beats nerd rage every time im afraid.

besides all that, where is my 350 scale Kronos 1 so I can make the biggest trek diorama ever :mad:

I hear through the grapevine there will be 2 larger versions coming out this year...

I just don't want to distract this thread by talking about other kits. I hear that's what brings the hammer down on your nuts over at RI....heck, if I posted this same thing over there I'd ALREADY be banned or some stupid thing like that.

Anyway, TrekWorks, you're doing a fan-freakin-tastic job with this. You're making the lighting work perfectly with the scale! Get it? Trek-WORKS! Ha! Keep it up!

nicholassagan said:
I hear through the grapevine there will be 2 larger versions coming out this year...

I have heard that rumor as well but in regards to the 350. That would be a very welcomed kit. TW would do a fabulous job on that as well.

I think you have more windows in there than I drilled for my old "D".
Looking good

Hello again everyone. I have just finished up the AMT 1/3200 Scale Romulan Warbird.
Spent about 8 hours in total on it so not too bad for that amount of time. Wish the kit was a little larger in scale for more detailing but not a deal breaker and I do recommend the kit.
Here are the final shots.

Latest posts

Back