Skyrim

Jdog71

Ni!
Anyone playing Skyrim? I'm about 30 hours in, and according to some sources, I still have about 70 hours to go...and I thought spending 25 hours on a model was bad... :eek:

Aside from the massive amounts of model building time being sucked up by this game, I have to say its just about the best one I've ever played. I'm always amazed at the level of detail on the various models in the game, from crab shell shields to glass battle axes...castles, caves and creeks to mountains, oceans and waterfalls. Creating all that stuff must be a blast. You can see the thought put into every little area and character. Its quite an achievement in my opinion. Heres a video someone put up of time lapse Skyrim scenery (put it on 1080p and crank up the music for the best experience):

Skyrim Timelapse

I play minecraft and the WWII COD/MOH games..

other than a little rockband now and again thats about it these days..

several channels I am subbed to on YT are doing lets plays of it tho and it looks stellar... other than a little bit of combat clunkieness it seems like a lot of fun.. i just dont have the time to devote to such a game

huntr said:
I play minecraft and the WWII COD/MOH games..

other than a little rockband now and again thats about it these days..

several channels I am subbed to on YT are doing lets plays of it tho and it looks stellar... other than a little bit of combat clunkieness it seems like a lot of fun.. i just dont have the time to devote to such a game

Its a time-intensive game for sure. I also play the COD/MOH games, and survival horror stuff like Resident Evil. This one is a knockout in just about every way. Combat is a bit clunky at times for sure. The exploration part is definitely more rewarding than the combat in games like this, plus commerce, treasure hunting, etc. The dragons are pretty cool too :D

I personally love the combat. You have to think, move around, block, feign, retreat. All controlled by your own reflexes.

Combat in games like Assassins Creed where you lock on to your target, hit a combination and that's it. Or RPGs like Dragon Age, where you lock on to target, hit your skills bar in combination etc. etc. They just don't do anything for me.

Skyrim could be my 2nd favourite game of all time. I'm just going to wait to see how long it lasts before bestowing it that title. :)

Igard said:
I personally love the combat. You have to think, move around, block, feign, retreat. All controlled by your own reflexes.

Combat in games like Assassins Creed where you lock on to your target, hit a combination and that's it. Or RPGs like Dragon Age, where you lock on to target, hit your skills bar in combination etc. etc. They just don't do anything for me.

Skyrim could be my 2nd favourite game of all time. I'm just going to wait to see how long it lasts before bestowing it that title. :)

Don't forget the fireballs, electricity, frost, and 'shouts' ;D

My favourite all time is still Half-Life, but this one may take over soon. Half-Life was so unique when it came out it really stuck with me. I'm patiently waiting for HL3 but I don't even know if they are working on it. Skyrim and games like it can get a little repetitive...'go get this axe, go knock off this scoundrel' etc. but I think the variety of scenery, in the caves alone for example, kind of makes up for it. You feel like you are really exploring when come upon an uncharted mine or subterranean grotto. I read that the used 9 different level designers on the caves/dungeons alone.

I'm also a bit of a collector so the gathering aspect of it keeps me going for hours. My short term goal is to build a full set of dragon scale armor..just need to keep whacking those dragons and increasing armor skills. Now if I could only figure out a way to add a few hours to each day I might be able to squeeze some modeling in to my leisure time...

Latest posts

Back