Sink in Mancave

hooterville75

So I decide that I need a sink in my man cave so I don't have to transport everything upstairs to wash any model or wet sand anything I want to wet stand. So I find a old sink laying around in the shed. I also happen to find a old piece of counter top right beside it. BINGO. I'm up and running. Take everything down stairs, build some legs out of 2X4's, install the piece of counter top, cut the hole for the sink, set it in, EVERYTHING goes perfectly. I'm in heaven I don't have to leave the man cave to wash anymore models I can do it right there by my work station. I pick the line up to connect it to the sink, it connects great to the water source. I go to hook it to the sink faucet AND ITS TOO BIG :eek: so now I'm stuck until I can get to the hardware store again :(. Remember I live a hour away from anything and a half hour from the closest grocery store. DAWGGONE IT. Push me down and run a fork through me ha ha. Oh well I guess it could have been worse lol. Guess Ill go down and work on the other side of these god for saken decals on this first kit.

nothing a little duck tape cant fix!

lol. Hey if its not broke dont fix it right ha ha. Soon as I can get to the hardware store or Lowes, Ill have the part I need and a running sink in the mancave :D I got bigger problems in there to worry about then the sink right now. We got pounded with rain today. Came down stairs to the man cave and had a inch of water or more on the concrete. I found two holes in the block wall that had water pouring through the holes like a damn opened up. So now I gotta get this quikrite mortar to plug the holes. Gotta love unfinished basements ha ha. It'll be getting finished real soon hopefully.

Yeah I used to buid everything right next to a sink. It was convenient, but all I do now is pour a plastic tub of water, like a coleslaw tub, that sort of thing. How often do you need to wash your models under a tap anyway?

Just never know when you will need water lol. I don't like confined to a really small work area so if I have the sink to sand in when I need too or clean parts etc I have the room I like. Several times now since I've started I went for water and realized I had to go up the stairs, out the basement door, through the driveway, into the door, through a hallway, into the kitchen and to the bathroom for the sink lol. Now I just get up take a couple of steps and I have water lol. Just makes thing easier. I eventually want to finish the entire basement. One side TV Lounge room, other side work area (NO GIRLS ALLOWED) LOL ;D

hooterville75 said:
Neo said:
nothing a little duck tape cant fix!

Duck Tape doesnt stop water leaks lol.

Now you would be surprised.... fixed a rip on the underside of my inflatable dinghy once drove around with my 15hp outbord for almost a week before i could do a proper patch work!!

if you dont belive me check out Mythbusters ducktape special part 2 they made water bottles with Ducktape!!

on another note suck about the water that came into your house!! i would have gone nuts if that happend at my place!

Ive found a relatively cheap fix for it I believe. Im going to get the Hydraulic Cement to patch the holes where the floor meets the wall and a neighbor of mine said he can get me a type of waterproofing for the wall that you trial on the wall like a cement or mortar and it really works for $10 a container. One container is supposed to cover one wall. So Im going to get two or three of them and cover ALL the walls. Id like to finish the entire basement and make it an "official" mancave :)

Latest posts

Back