SDKFZ 163 Sturmgeschulz IV

20240412_053119.jpg

Got the tracks put together.
I couldn't find on line the number of track links it has so I counted the links on the rubber tracks included with the kit. 99 if anyone is curious.

Funny story: I was almost done with the count when my daughter comes by and asks what I'm doing, I tell her then she looks at me and says "Dad why are you counting them? Just use those tracks to get the length for the metal by putting them side by side." :eek:

I didn't have an answer for that except the knowledge I am sometimes very oblivious to simple solutions.

View attachment 116069

Got the tracks put together.
I couldn't find on line the number of track links it has so I counted the links on the rubber tracks included with the kit. 99 if anyone is curious.

Funny story: I was almost done with the count when my daughter comes by and asks what I'm doing, I tell her then she looks at me and says "Dad why are you counting them? Just use those tracks to get the length for the metal by putting them side by side." :eek:

I didn't have an answer for that except the knowledge I am sometimes very oblivious to simple solutions.
Kid's just see things we don't. Been there more than once !!! Pantherman

I have been inspired so have the tank on order. Pantherman
Hi Wjbrandel, my kit arrived and just the PE zimmerit so I have made a start on this build.

Would you like me to post here or start a new thread? Don't want to upset anyone. Pantherman

Go ahead and post here I don't mind. I'd like to see how it compares to the one I'm working on.

Speaking of which, I've got the base coat down finally. Had trouble with my airbrush (operator error. I forgot the thinner ratio I use)

20240415_200938.jpg

20240415_200947.jpg20240415_200959.jpg

Wow is that one blurry, sorry about that.

20240415_201016.jpg

All that is left is the camo paint scheme and weathering, not to mention putting on the wheels and track and she'll be done.

Now comes the hard part, deciding what to work on next:)

Go ahead and post here I don't mind. I'd like to see how it compares to the one I'm working on.

Speaking of which, I've got the base coat down finally. Had trouble with my airbrush (operator error. I forgot the thinner ratio I use)

View attachment 116267

View attachment 116268View attachment 116269

Wow is that one blurry, sorry about that.

View attachment 116270

All that is left is the camo paint scheme and weathering, not to mention putting on the wheels and track and she'll be done.

Now comes the hard part, deciding what to work on next:)
I'm liking it, the photos don't really show the zimmerit unfortunately as I know how much work went into fitting it. Pantherman

I'm liking it, the photos don't really show the zimmerit unfortunately as I know how much work went into fitting it. Pantherman
Yeah that surprised me too on how subdued the zimmerit is. I was thinking it would be standing out and might detract from the model, I was wrong.

Oh BTW Pantherman on the commander's hatch be careful there is a half moon shaped piece that is small that gets attached to the main hatch and if you are not careful the piece will fly off and never be seen again. It happened on mine.

Yeah that surprised me too on how subdued the zimmerit is. I was thinking it would be standing out and might detract from the model, I was wrong.

Oh BTW Pantherman on the commander's hatch be careful there is a half moon shaped piece that is small that gets attached to the main hatch and if you are not careful the piece will fly off and never be seen again. It happened on mine.
Thanks for the advice. I will probably do the hatch open maybe. Pantherman

Work so far. Nice kit, usual tamiya details and fit with a little bit of flash. Loving the PE zimmerit but you have to keep checking how much to fit and when because some parts cover others. Had a few hole's to re-drill but nothing too difficult.
20240414_212815.jpg20240413_120417.jpg20240413_120408.jpg20240413_120339.jpgcant get out of my head that the commander looks like he's doing the charleston.... Pantherman

Work so far. Nice kit, usual tamiya details and fit with a little bit of flash. Loving the PE zimmerit but you have to keep checking how much to fit and when because some parts cover others. Had a few hole's to re-drill but nothing too difficult.
View attachment 116279View attachment 116280View attachment 116281View attachment 116282cant get out of my head that the commander looks like he's doing the charleston.... Pantherman

Moving right along there. Looking good. Yep I forgot to redrill the holes that were covered, glad you remembered

View attachment 116279View attachment 116280View attachment 116281View attachment 116282cant get out of my head that the commander looks like he's doing the charleston.... Pantherman
A bit more done. Ready for priming next I think. Pantherman 20240417_210357.jpg20240417_210419.jpg20240417_210440.jpg

Latest posts

Back