Scratch Building A Windshield

Slang

Can anyone tell me how I would go about scratch building a windshield for a resin truck cab? I heard that Evergreen clear styrene would work, but I don't know how to go about actually making it conform and look like it's supposed to look. And if so, what is the best type of glue to glue it into the resin window frame after it's made? This is my first resin build, so I'm not sure about gluing windows to this stuff :-\

Thanks

I found sheets of Acetate .015 and the Evergreen stuff @ 0.10 is the way to go. Learned the process on the Truck Building Groups on facebook. Good people, good knowledge!

You could try vac-u-forming..Create the desired shape in wood,masonite,etc and create a small chamber hook up a shop-vac and if the material is thin enough a heat gun to soften the material then apply vaccum..There should be tutorials online if you want to try that route..Or using hot water to soften the plastic and then shape....hope any of that helps.....Enjoy building..thanx

When i had this issue for a build i was doing i just bought a sheet of lexan glass and cut out the needed amount. It worked great!

Latest posts

Back