Schwimming wagen

thanks roy, its a first for me with resin so fingers crossed all goes to plan!

Now this is lookin pretty interesting Leighbo. It's gonna be tricky to keep that resin on target along the edges, but sounds like you got that figured out. Pretty cool how clean the edge is on that plaster, that is stinkin smooth, beauty. Keep er rollin, I'm learning from this thread.

Cheers, Ski.

This is excellent! A great build and a great tutorial to.
Waiting in full suspense for the next update ;D!

Zappa

Thanks for the confidence Spud!

I've spent a few days getting the base prepared and finally last night I did the pour... and heres the results
20130208_195647.jpg

20130208_195640.jpg

20130208_195659.jpg

20130208_195731.jpg

20130208_195738.jpg

Not turned out too bad! I panicked a bit as i tried to mix acrylic paint to make the water murky and it didn't mix, so I used Tamiya paints quickly which did. I only added a bit of paint but it went a bit murkier than I wanted, but not too bad. I will put a bit less in the next pour, this pour has got the level right to put the schwimmy at the right height. I thought I had to pour it in 6mm stages but that was for the original product I was going to use, this one could be poured all at once. It has creeped away form the edges a bit, but all in all not bad.

Next onto the weathering of the schwimmy and I can get that set too.

Thanks for looking and hanks for having belief in me spud!

the base is looking nice! maybe you could trim some of the the grass strands shorter so that they look more natural, it looks a bit odd when they are all the same height, but thats just me! :)

That starts to look really cool. I agree maybe you could add some diversity in the height of the reeds but other then that coming along great. Looking forward to the next installment.

Latest posts

Back