"Run with the Gun" Vignette

fblanton

Some pics of my latest work "Run with the Gun" German troops speed off with a Two Pounder Anti-Tank Gun Greece 1941. The Protze is the old Tamiya kit and the gun is the Vulcan Models 2 pndr. Figures are a mix of Master Box and DML with all heads from Hornet. Ground work was formed using Aves Studios Clay-Shay and Apoxie-Sculpt. Model Makers pigments used through out.

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5010.jpg

FB-figs.jpg

This looks really good. I like the action of the gun bouncing in the air as well as the busy figures.

Same here - this is just great. That tire off the road really sets this one apart.

WOW ;D Brilliant piece of work ,you've captured the movement perfectly ,I love the articulation of the axles ..very well done ,and the use of pigments has tied the whole thing together great ... Love it !!
Figures are well painted too .

Chris.

FRANK,

Great Composition ! I too Dig th articulation of th suspension/ coupled with the Gun "bouncing" & the figures & Stowage flying loose, ties it together with a sense of Motion ! Great selection of Heads, cohesive expressions !!

Scenic Express strikes again !! Awesome stuff !!

Grass

I used two colors of Silflor. Spring tone prairie tufts 4mm and Autumn tone buffalo tufts 4mm.
Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Frank Blanton

Re: "Run with the Gun" Background for pics.

Someone had asked what I use for backgrounds when taking photos. I use a simple sheet of white poster board on the bench and a foam core type poster board in white for the backdrop standing up. I have three 13watt daylight type lamps for lighting. No flash on the camera and I also have a 3-way incand, 100 watt lamp nearby with a GE reveal bulb. my camera is a Cannon A-540 Power Shot digital. Nothing fancy. I do find that using the macro button helps. It is still limited though.

Frank Blanton

Great work. Love the scene, really captures the movement of a vehical.

That is brilliant...........took me a couple of views at all the pics just too pick out the individual events occuring, love everything you`ve done with this ;D

`Boots`

AWesome! Just one of those dioramas you can look at from every angle and see gobs of detail. Love it!

I'd really love to know how you get that grass in realistic clumps like that? It's as if it sprouted from the ground like real grass grows. I've been working with flocking and I'm only able to glue it on in big messy mats as it's all mixed together in a bag or container and the individual strands are too tiny to glue on one by one.

My goodness this is absolutely stunning! Talk about a perspective altering and horizons expanding. For someone just starting out like myself, a piece like this helps redefine the possibilities.

Truly inspirational, thank you for sharing!

Jarra

Re: "Run with the Gun" Diorama

Thank you asJara. Your comments humble me. I am still in the process of learning. Check out all the great how to videos on this site.

Frank Blanton

Amazing two much to look at I would never what to stop looking at it if it was mine I can only aspire to the level

Geegad

Latest posts

Back