Roland C.II (No ,its not a keyboard !! )

Hey DB, Thanks mate :)

A few more pics on this one :)

You will notice first up that all the wings are in place ,well only the bottom wing is fixed in place I had to do a dry mock up with the top wings to make sure everything was going to sit square ,and its not too bad ,one wing needs a little fettling to get it sitting straight ,but not much .
After the fuselage halves were joined I had to add the fairing for the rear gun ring ,to be honest this wasnt a great fit and did require a bit of work to get it blended into the fuselage ,got there in the end tho . A few other places on the fuselage also required a bit of filling .

DSCF5076.jpg

DSCF5077.jpg

The top wing on the left in this picture needs some adjustment to get it flush with the fuselage .

DSCF5078.jpg

DSCF5080.jpg

So ,I will sort out the wings ,add the tail feathers and a few other bits then ....paintshop :)

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

As always Chris your up to no good. Didn't Mom ever tell you not to be naughty......the whole Santa thing.

Thanks Scott :)

Anthony ;D ...I always get the blame for everything anyway ....so I may as well be up to no good ;D ;)

I moved on another couple of steps with the Roland :)

I added the tail feathers ,which went into place with no trouble ...nice and straight .

DSCF5085.jpg

But before doing that I got the bottom wing blended in ,it should be smooth with no joins here ,everything was faired in .

DSCF5087.jpg

You can also see I added the undercarriage struts ,normally I would leave them off until later on an old bipe ,but they are quite simple on the Roland and dont present any problems in the masking & paint ,so I thought I'd get the job done now ,less chance of getting glue all over the fresh paint too !

DSCF5086.jpg

Oh yes ...also put the oil cooler ? on the side of the fuselage ,just some clean up now and I can start paint ....If the rain ever goes away !!!!

DSCF5088.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Thanks Scott ....gotta keep busy ya know ;) ;D

Chris.

Nice. I like that the pilots head would have been above the top wing. I might of missed it, but are you doing it up the the "Flying Fish" scheme, (I would buy one just for that scheme) :)

Thanks Jason ,no she will be done as the box art with the shark mouth :) ...this is an early release of the kit ,the Walfisch decals come with the re release .

Chris.

What were the curtains for ? stop their feet from getting sunburnt ??? Will be watching closely when you do the rigging on this one Chris

That's exactly what I was thinking, rookie!

An odd use of home accessories I believe ;D

Excellent work Chris! Say, how do you plan to rig this one?

Latest posts

Back