Robot Combat League

LrdSatyr8

Ok... I don't know about the rest of you but this is my new all time favorite show to watch on TV now and I just hope they make model kits out of these bots becaue I would love to build them all! How many of you feel the same way?

I used to watch the show where each team had to build there robot in a certain length of time then they would have a robot demo derby. The last robot standing won. Cool show.

This isn't like the old robot battles where you had the remote control bots that were like radio control cars on steroids... no... these robots are full size 10 foot tall... humanoid... walking... boxing... badass robots. I'm talking like the movie REAL STEEL only in REAL LIFE! This show is absolutely incredible. There are 12 bots that were designed by one man and all built by his team. Each bot is humanoid in shape and are powered mainly by 2000 psi hydralics. Each bot is different with different abilities and strength/weaknesses. These bots are awesome. Since they are standing and walking on their own, each bot is controlled by a 2 man team... one to control the legs and movement in the ring, and the other controls the arms and upper body. I'm telling ya... there have been decapitations and total body eviserations where one bot was completely ripped in two at the waist! Its like a boxing match for nerds and is completely mind blowing! The only defec I see in the bots is he fact that they are all controlled by hydraulics and require a support rod in the back of them to keep them from accidentally tipping over while fighting. Needless to say... if you see this show once you'll be hooked... there's no telling what's gonna happen! The 2 man teams are fighting for the grand prize of $100,000 and George Lucas' daughter was even one of the fighters! You truly have to check this show out on Syfy on Tues nights!

I have been dl'ing them from the torrent sites, but haven't had a chance to watch them yet. Advertisements look cool though.

And hosted by Canada's own Chris Jericho!

big Jericho fan so i is. i just watched the first episode looks pretty cool. will dl the rest tomorrow and catch up

I stopped downloading when I found Sidereel.com... so much easier to just watch it online then to waste HD space downloading!

Interesting show, 1st episode dragged a little but 2 fights per episodes after that was better.
It's like Reel Steel the TV Show done on a low budget :)
The 'colour commentator' is pretty weak but Chris is not bad as a host, still prefer him fronting Fozzy :)

Latest posts

Back