Revell P61, waiting for the hammer to fall

Yes, there are much better options for this plane than we have chosen, but I have tried by best and I simply can not talk Pantherman out of this. He's who I meant when I said "hard headed".

Rob.

Yes, there are much better options for this plane than we have chosen, but I have tried by best and I simply can not talk Pantherman out of this. He's who I meant when I said "hard headed".

Rob.
If I can't find my hammer then I can use my head. Problem solved...... Pantherman

If I can't find my hammer then I can use my head. Problem solved...... Pantherman

Well... This is suppose to be a "group" build, but you don't mention this kinda thing BEFORE someone else buys the hammer already? Not a huge loss though, I got combined shipping.

Rob.

I'm really gonna have to get one and get in on this I think. LOL

Yes, do!

Put a bunch of them on your "watchlist" on eBay. The word must be out what a great kit this is. You'll get a great deal on one in just a few hours. I went with a decent "Buy-it-Now", but could have done much better had I waited.

Rob.

Ok, my kit didn't arrive yesterday as it was supposed to and apparently won't be here until next week.

Rob.

Last edited:
Ok, my kit didn't arrive yesterday as it was supposed to and apparently won't be here until next week, so I have another question before it gets here.

BlackSheep, where did you start having problems?

Rob.
I was going to suggest a start in a couple of weeks time just in case we have a few stragglers who want to welcome the madness of this build...... Pantherman

Sounds like a plan. Mine didn't get here anyway and with the Holiday it'll be Tuesday at the soonest for me.

Rob.

Ok, my kit didn't arrive yesterday as it was supposed to and apparently won't be here until next week, so I have another question before it gets here.

BlackSheep, where did you start having problems?

Rob.
Aside from the flash, everywhere. One set of booms with separate cowl is fine. The other boom looked emancipated - doesn’t look right or correct. Even the figures looked like they’ve been through a famine and yet had anything to eat. Some parts were warped. It was then, I decided to put it out of its misery with the Flak hammer. Never again I’ll buy a Revell Black Widow kit. I’d rather get a HobbyBoss kit instead.

Ok y'all, here's what's in the box of the latest release of this kit. Scalemates says "2021", but the decals in this kit say "2016".

DSCN0688.jpg
DSCN0689.jpg
DSCN0690.jpg
DSCN0691.jpg

I gotta say, I don't see any flash or flaws? There are 5 total sprue trees, one clear and 4 black.

DSCN0692.jpg
DSCN0693.jpg
DSCN0694.jpg

Along with the decals and Instruction booklet, that's the box contents. I was hoping with as jacked up as the box was that there would be some damage to make this even more unbuildable, but alas, she's pristine.

I'm lookin' forward to smearin' some glue all over the place!

**I made an edit. I originally said "2015" release, but I absolutely have the "2021" release.**

Rob.

Last edited:
I built that exact model about 3 years ago. I had some fitment issues with the fuselage halves coming together properly and some gap filling on the fuselage and wings, nothing major but a bit frustrating and time consuming with the sanding and blending of the putty to the model.

I built that exact model about 3 years ago. I had some fitment issues with the fuselage halves coming together properly and some gap filling on the fuselage and wings, nothing major but a bit frustrating and time consuming with the sanding and blending of the putty to the model.
That's exactly what we want to hear. The worst the horror story the better.

WE NEED HELP, and I don't mean with building..............
Pantherman

Latest posts

Back