Revell P61, waiting for the hammer to fall

Pantherman

Got a group build going on this kit to see how truly bad it is. Everyone welcome, no start date yet. Pantherman

Screenshot_20240522_121511_Google.jpg

Let’s see who will be the first to put the Flak hammer to it. I predict it won’t be too long before someone should have listened to me that I was right about how terrible the kit is. LOLOLOLOL!!

That sounds like you was aiming that at me? HA!!! I'm blind in one eye and can't read. Missed by that much.

BSTOF, you gettin' in here with us? You know you want to. I've heard it's a great kit at a great price, worth every penny and the fit is TAMIYA quality?

Rob.

Last edited:
Ok all concerned, how about I start a thread called. Revell P61, waiting for the hammer to fall !!
Are we all happy with that? Pantherman

Couple concerns from a noob, If'n I may?

Never been in a group deal before P-Man, how y'all normally do one?

swimmingrob, you and I will learn at the same time. I have never built an airplane model, ever, unless you count a Hasegawa F-15 Egg Plane and I don't. This will be my first.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Rob.

Couple concerns from a noob, If'n I may?

Never been in a group deal before P-Man, how y'all normally do one?

swimmingrob, you and I will learn at the same time. I have never built an airplane model, ever, unless you count a Hasegawa F-15 Egg Plane and I don't. This will be my first.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Rob.
Usually our group builds suggest a start date although some of us start early (like Xmas, just can't wait) and some start later.

No rules to worry about, just build, have fun and post lots of photos. Maybe offer suggestions to the others making it easier to avoid mistakes.

We kinda finish at different times and do a final post with photos and maybe sum up what we thought of the kit.

So basically, no rules, do what you want, build it how you want, do as much or little as you want, hopefully finish without dropping a hammer on it. AND HAVE FUN DOING IT. Pantherman

That’s basically it what Pantherman mentioned. I’ve done a few GBs in another forum I belong to. I’m hosting one now as we speak and it’s getting a lot of action.

Sometimes GB do tend to go off on the wayside and end up being inactive because well…. it gets boring after a while and they stop participating. Not all that uncommon to see that happen from time to time.

$29.00 (USD) for the Revell kit, $58.00 for the Hobby Boss kit (Amazon), why the significant difference in cost?

Apparently, you wanna build one, you gonna pay. You go right ahead and buy that Revell. See what happens. Besides, with the Revell, you also need a hammer. Works out to about the same.

Rob.

I would imagine that the hobbyboss kit is more detailed and a newer mould. Maybe. Pantherman

Yep, pretty much, Monogram tooled the P-61 45, 50 years ago? Though it's well-detailed for the mid-Seventies, yeah, not the same level of detail the more recent HB kit, or Great Wall.

Oh, and there is G.W.H. (not familiar) going for $90 or Airfix for $25.
That Airfix kit is 1/72 scale, though, if I'm not mistaken. If guys are going complain about Monogram's old technology and poor fit, they're not going to want to build the old Airfix Black Widow.

Latest posts

Back