Revell Lambda Class T-4a Shuttle

Ozzman78

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
I just finished up the Revell Lambda shuttle. OOB build, quick and easy kit to work on. I did not repaint the kit but did add some paint details, a wash, and a layer of dullcoat. For a simple snap kit it does build up nice. I'm still on the hunt for a MPC shuttle but this will hold its place in the collection very well.

13383201364_5c273f0470_z.jpg

13382992293_aaccb913f4_z.jpg

13382991393_b165feb886_z.jpg

13382845255_4f12942d98_z.jpg

13383200204_e4c89fefb4_z.jpg

13382844555_2f81956b07_z.jpg

13383199654_50a8b2c914_z.jpg

13382843815_0a21263a94_z.jpg

Thanks Scott! Full time art director, husband and father, animal lover, blah blah, so on and so forth.... model builder. I will sleep when I'm dead!!

That's a very nice version of the shuttle! I really like your weathering. Its not over the top but just enough. And on the subject of the MPC shuttle kit; I've built it and its a train wreck! Its gigantic for one thing, which may be good except that the size (length of the wings) and the age and thinness of the plastic make it a warped nightmare. I'm looking into the newer smaller kit to super detail and paint it. Hope it turns out as good as yours!

Hmmm.... didn't realize the MPC had warp issues, thanks for the tip.

The revell kit needs better guns and detail in the intake areas. Also, the cockpit needs a touch more down angle, and the wings don't fold down far enough. The gaps on the lower hull need opened up a bit more to get them right for in flight pose.

Thanks for the support and taking a look.

jake said:
That's a very nice version of the shuttle! I really like your weathering. Its not over the top but just enough. And on the subject of the MPC shuttle kit; I've built it and its a train wreck! Its gigantic for one thing, which may be good except that the size (length of the wings) and the age and thinness of the plastic make it a warped nightmare. I'm looking into the newer smaller kit to super detail and paint it. Hope it turns out as good as yours!

A very good looking kit here, indeed !

I love the revell kits, most of the line are good and easy to assemble... Moving forward and upgrade or simply paint them will surely make this kits awesome. You've done an amazing job here. Bravo !

Thanks Youli, I agree the revell kits get a bad rap but if you give them the right amount of TLC you can a good model from them. I'm just about to start on a build of each red wing (at least 1-6) using the Revell x-wings.

Thanks for the support Quaralane!

Latest posts

Back