Reply text box disabled in Firefox 67.0

the Baron

Ich bin ja, Herr, in Deiner Macht
I don't know if anyone else has run into this-I'm running on a Lenovo ideapad 110, Win10, running Firefox 67.0. Right now, the Reply feature is disabled for me-the text box is not enabled, I cannot see a cursor in it nor type any characters.

I tried accessing the forum using Chrome, and feature worked as expected.

Are you running any addons there?

Only 2, which Mozilla installed and activated as a default:

Cisco's OpenH264 Video Codec
Google's Widevine Content Decryption Module

The OpenH264 codec shows it was updated on 24. May. That jibes with my suspicion that this has happened because of the latest Firefox updates. I find that little things break across the various websites I visit, as Mozilla pushes out Firefox updates.

FF is now up to release 67.0.2, and this particular bug persists. In Firefox, the text editor box is still disabled where it is presented. That goes for the main page of a post, as well as when I click the Reply link and open the full-page text editor.

I'm using Chrome right now, to write this reply.

If there are other features that aren't working in FF 67, I haven't found them yet.

This is the only forum I belong to built with XenForo, too; maybe this bug is specific to this version of Firefox and the web software.

The text editor is disabled when it's called from the Post Thread link, too, to add a new thread in any forum.

The text editor is disabled when it's called from the Post Thread link, too, to add a new thread in any forum.
I'm posting this using a brand new install of Firefox 67.0.2
Do you have any ad blocking or JS blocking software running on your computer? Security software maybe?

I'm posting this using a brand new install of Firefox 67.0.2
Do you have any ad blocking or JS blocking software running on your computer? Security software maybe?

Yes, I got 67.0.2, too, yesterday or the day before. The only blockers I have are those included with the browser. Content blocking in FF is set to Standard.

My security software is McAfee Security Scan Plus. They push out frequent updates, too, so it's possible that something they've pushed out has broken this feature. I have seen updates they push out break features of the scan, but haven't noticed it cause problems with any browsers or web pages.

I'm going to see what I can find at XenForo's site, too.

The changes you made in response to my other thread, about "Likes" and the confirmation page, appear to have resolved this issue, too. The text editor box is now enabled.

Were those settings you updated always set to the values they had before you changed them? I ask, because I'm still suspicious that nothing here in the forum changed, but rather that accumulating changes in the browser resulted in a conflict. I'm fairly certain that when the forum was resurrected, the text editor was enabled for me in the Firefox release I had at that time. If our settings have been the same since the beginning, it makes me think browser updates are the culprit.

Latest posts

Back