RepLIcon 2011

Just walked in the door from the RepLICon show and though there were not many entries the quality of work on 90% of the builds was fabulous. Here are some pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I was there as well (both days) and it was AWESOME!
Did you see the 1/350 scale Enterprise NX-01 from the show ENTERPISE?

I did, and was disappointed it was not plugged in for lighting. I had seen it's plug hanging there and was so disappointed no one had an extension cord. Would have loved to have seen it in it's full glory. It's funny you mention it because I had my camera taking great closeup shots all day and when I was home and uploaded them into my computer they, the Enterprise pics, were the only shots that came out blurry. Everything else was spot on crisp. Go figure.
Those three jets were crazy! As a guy next to me said "These are the reasons why I don't enter my builds into any contests. Guy's like this are out there." I think I posted the shots of the landing gear here....... un- Effing believable! :-X

Aw an you missed it.
At one point, the builder ook the model over to the Tuskeegee display where it was a little dark and plugged it in.
I have to tell you, it was a great build.
The combination of the buzzard collectors spinning, the warp nacelles lit in blue and the beacons and white window lights all worked perfectly.

I was there until about 1:30. Sorry I missed it. I did, however, listen to some of the judges as they were huddling over a few of the contestants builds. Man these guys are stringent when it comes to looking for errors in ones build. One guy picked out some micro specs of over spray from the airbrush on one build and another guy pointed out a smaller-then-mini sink hole in another. I followed them and looked for these mistakes and I couldn't see a thing wrong with them. :eek:

Glorfindel said:
Those three jets were crazy! As a guy next to me said "These are the reasons why I don't enter my builds into any contests. Guy's like this are out there." I think I posted the shots of the landing gear here....... un- Effing believable! :-X

The jets are mine; I cannot thank you enough for your kind remarks! I had a very nice time at the show. Here is a link to some photos that I took:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x35/johnnymac927/Replicon%202011/

johnnymac said:
Glorfindel said:

The jets are mine; I cannot thank you enough for your kind remarks! I had a very nice time at the show. Here is a link to some photos that I took:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x35/johnnymac927/Replicon%202011/
Seriously, awesome job on those birds! The level of skill in those landing gear bays is astounding! Well done Sir. Where did you get the decals for the nose art (eagle head) on the one gray jet.
Side note: I went to the NorEastCon last year and am looking forward to next years show as well. I was surprised the boy's from MegaHobby didn't set up a booth.

Most vendors had a lot of old kits selling for higher prices.
The few that had current kits were selling for average retail prices.
One or two of the vendors reduced their prices a few hours before the end of the show.
That's when the good bargains could be found.

JOHNNYMAC,

WoW !! Great lookin Jets !!! Really Top Shelf Job !!

Glorfindel - Thanx for sharing th Pix !!! Looked like a Cool Show !! Those Star Trek "Toyz" looked really Cool !!!

Thanx again for sharing !!!

Latest posts

Back