Regionalized Thread's

adampolo13

I had a thought, maybe good maybe not so good. We'll see what everybody thinks...

I was going through the section where everybody drops in and says hello etc. And it got me to thinking, what if we had a section, say "Region" or something like that where the subtopic was broken down by country or state. That way people who live near eachother could talk etc. I am very new to the hobby and even though I am in my LHS all the time there doesn't seem to be too many people in my direct area to talk to about techniques etc. :-( haha. The closest IPMS chapter is 2 hours away. What do you guys think?

Thanks again,

Adam

It's certainly a possibility.
Not sure how easily set up it would be, though

I think ,although it sounds like a good idea ....The membership is spread worldwide , How many regions would that take in ?? it might work out to be a very big section !! Besides which ,once people have been about the forum for a while ,you usually get a good idea where members are based :)

Chris.

Yeah Chris is right.
I think it would be much easier and clearer if there would be one thread where you could post country and city where you live and someone would modify the first post of that thread where there would be a list but might be also chaotic.
Regards

It could be easier to show from what country or region you are in the profile, IMHO.

That way, someone reading some topic could react and say "hey, buddy ! we're neighbors !". Or something like that...

THere is so many countries, so many regions...

But it could be a GOOD thing to try organize something worldwide sometimes. An event, international event, that could go for a trip all over the world ? Members of SMA and scale model addicts can gather here and there ? Or maybe it's already done ?

seting up regons will kill the board beace you will have all the american in one all the enlish /irish in and other polish in an other and so on, to messy and you would loose alot of interest generated in cetin topics like scifi aircraf and armor

So a Big no from Me, If you want to let people know were you are from put it in your profile under your avatar

I"m looking into a solution for this in SMAv4 for you guys...and I think I found one. Hang tight.

What would be really cool is if some guys in the same region got together for shows in the area and set up an SMA club table , we already do this on Robs MSC site ,so far we have tables at UK , Ireland and USA shows ,we also got flyers made up to promote the site and encourage new members .
I've only got hitting one show so far this year ,but it is only March so the season is only starting ,but at that show I was set up to promote both SMA & MSC , A small price to pay and I would be going to the show anyway ,In the UK some of the guys got a banner made up for the table it looked great and really got attention, not saying anybody needs to go to that length ,but club tables are a good way to meet members and recruit new ones ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
What would be really cool is if some guys in the same region got together for shows in the area and set up an SMA club table , we already do this on Robs MSC site ,so far we have tables at UK , Ireland and USA shows ,we also got flyers made up to promote the site and encourage new members .
I've only got hitting one show so far this year ,but it is only March so the season is only starting ,but at that show I was set up to promote both SMA & MSC , A small price to pay and I would be going to the show anyway ,In the UK some of the guys got a banner made up for the table it looked great and really got attention, not saying anybody needs to go to that length ,but club tables are a good way to meet members and recruit new ones ;)

Chris.

OK, this is brilliant! Let's do something like this. I can produce some marketing material, either you download and print or whatever...

Once I get the site up I'll give this some thought. Great idea man.

OK. There's a mod for the forum that allows members to choose a flag and it displays in their posts.

Would that do the trick?

Scott Girvan said:
Chris S said:

Chris.

OK, this is brilliant! Let's do something like this. I can produce some marketing material, either you download and print or whatever...

Once I get the site up I'll give this some thought. Great idea man.

All this stuff works well. Downloadable PDF's are the way to go Scott. One other thing to add to the mix are group displays. I headed up one for AgapeModels at last years IPMS/USA Nats. Not only was it spreading the word but it was a lot of fun too. We had models from all over the country.

1104314673_photobucket_62966_.jpg

Thanks Shutterace ,Thats exactly what Im talking about ,a group of members local to each other set up a 'club' table together ,all representing SMA ,it only takes a few leaflets/flyers set out o the table to let people know who you are and where to find the site .....It does work and as you say ,is a whole lotta fun .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back