slow performance saving posts to threads

the Baron

Ich bin ja, Herr, in Deiner Macht
Hi, all,

I am seeing slow performance on the forum now, specifically when I add a post to a thread. That is, when I click Post, the browser page hangs. I use IE9, and this only started in the past week or so. I clear my browser cache relatively frequently, since this is my work machine, but I wonder if some change in the website's code or in the browser means that they're a little out of synch.

I do not see any performance degradation in other functions, like navigating from one page to another, and it's only happening here and not in the other forums to which I belong.

Anyone else notice this, too?

I'll try Firefox and see what happens there, in the meantime.

Thanks!
Brad

The Baron Ive noticed myself on Google Chrome that I have a bit more lag then I normally do with pages loading and my responses to threads but I just chalked it up to my internet connection. Its not the greatest at times but most times it works perfect. I do however have problems frequently with when navigating page to page it says at the top (not responding) then a box will pop up and give two options to either wait or kill pages. I have no clue what that problem may be other then my system. I normally run Norton anti virus and the system works pretty well but the most recent update seemed to work a bit differently so Im testing trial and error to see if I may need to switch anti virus protection manufacturer.

I will say that SMA forum is tons better for less problems then Scale Auto Magazine or Fine Scale Models forums are. This forum is by far one of the best that I belong too for friendships, problems and content.

It's not happening consistently, and I couldn't get it to happen with Firefox. Unusual. If I can note the conditions under which it occurs, I'll post them back for the admins.

Latest posts

Back