Question > UH-60L M134 Magazine

todoink

Long time no post. Anyway, I just came through this while I'm looking at my Academy UH-60L DAP M134 magazine. I've noticed that the magazine is a lot larger in size compared to the ones that I saw on pictures. Is this an out-of-scale error or such a large m134 magazine do really exist? I looked around the net for M134 magazine variants but all I get are the small ones. Nothing in particular that is exactly similar with the one Academy carries. Thanks!

The minigun magazines would be fairly large just for the fact they rip through ammo so fast. When you are firing at 2000+ rounds per min, doesn't take long to go through a fair chunk of ammo.

Sorry for the very late reply. Anyway, this means that it is really safe to use the m134 ammo box provided by Academy in their Blackhawk DAP models? I was planning to scratch build a smaller version (the ones I usually see on the internet) but I might regret it later on if I saw that the ammo box provided by academy is really a real thing. I just want to confirm that the one provided do really exist (or at least is still on service).

Have a look at this pic

http://lookpic.com/i/107/hHsHzzSj.jpeg

The 2 big grey boxes on the right of the picture are the ammo drums for mini guns. I don't know if this is a UH-60 or not, but I would think the ammo box would be fairly standard on a helo.

Like I said, these things rip 2000+ rnds/min, so they are going to have a substantially high capacity ammo box on board. Your standard 500 round box seen on a regular 7.62mm MG door gun would be run through in about 10secs or so, so you would be constantly changing ammo boxes.

Yup, those are the ones that I always see (pic is not working though but I just right clicked on it then grabbed the image URL).

Anyway, given that a large capacity ammo box is needed for the DAP, my only concern now is the confirmation of the ammo box provided by Academy. Its genuinity. I looked around the net for photos that is similar to the one provided in the box of Academy's DAP but I can't found any. All I see are the ones in the photo that you've provided.

WIth this, though I know Academy makes some research on their models, I'm starting to doubt the ammo box they've provided. If so happen you have a photo that is similar to the ammo box provided or at least have any info about its existence and service, maybe you can shed more light to my research. It's the only last equipment on my DAP kit that I need to confirm then I can finally start working on it again. Thanks a lot! ;)

Actually looking at it again, it is a .jpeg file and not just a .jpg

You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but apparently it does. Just changed it to a URL instead.

Latest posts

Back