Question About Brush Cleaner Disposal

Dminor9

I was wondering what everyone does to dispose of their brush cleaner. Right now, I am using IPA to clean my brushes since Tamiya Acrylics are alcohol based. I have ordered Tamiya acrylic thinner, which I understand a lot of modelers use as brush cleaner also. I have a small plastic bottle I use to hold the IPA for brush cleaner. When the IPA or cleaner gets saturated and it is time to change it out, what do you do with it? I live in a small Texas town which has nowhere to recycle hazardous materials. I am environmentally conscious and would like to do the disposal properly. I can only think of letting the thinner or IPA evaporate off and then clean out the bottle. Please let me know if you have a good suggestion for doing so. Thanks!

You can allow the isopropyl to evaporate and discard the resin into normal trash .
The acrylic resin and pigments are essentially inert and non-toxic .

I was wondering what everyone does to dispose of their brush cleaner. Right now, I am using IPA to clean my brushes since Tamiya Acrylics are alcohol based. I have ordered Tamiya acrylic thinner, which I understand a lot of modelers use as brush cleaner also. I have a small plastic bottle I use to hold the IPA for brush cleaner. When the IPA or cleaner gets saturated and it is time to change it out, what do you do with it? I live in a small Texas town which has nowhere to recycle hazardous materials. I am environmentally conscious and would like to do the disposal properly. I can only think of letting the thinner or IPA evaporate off and then clean out the bottle. Please let me know if you have a good suggestion for doing so. Thanks!
I almost always use water based products. Maybe not such a good finish some times but easy to clean and virtually no smell or vapour.
Pantherman

Latest posts

Back