pre-shading question

RKrebs

I, for one, like Roman Numerals.
Is it ok to use Black primer for pre-shading or should I use black paint?

Yeah, I started thinking the primer may not go on as well as the paint will. Possibly?

Vallejo. Goes on fine for me, but I have to stop to clean my brush from time to time.

Paint it is. The Primer sucks. I just need to order some black.....Can't believe I don't have any......

The primer works fine, use it all the time. It will build up on the end of the needle from time to time, but so will most paints. Have never had to break down the airbrush while using Vallejo Primer to clean it, unless it wasn't cleaned well when I put it away last. I put it through a H&S Evolution, with a .2mm needle/nozzle, at about 20psi, works a dream.

Would never know the snap tite Revell Tie Fighter I am working on was a snaptite with the primer on it!

Excellent. Thanks. I will eventually upgrade to a nicer AB at some point. I just didn't want to dump a ton into a nice AB and compressor and make 1 model and decide this isn't what I thought it was.

Can't wait to move up now.......well and finish my first model. ::) :eek: ;D ;D ;D

Ron

Latest posts

Back