Polar Lights Ghostbusters Ecto-1

LrdSatyr8

SMA Big Spring Contest Build
Entry: Ghostbusters Ecto-1 from Polar Lights
Builder: James "LrdSatyr8" Davis

Ok all here's my entry for the Big Spring contest. The Ecto-1 from Polar Lights. It appears to be a snap-together, however, that won't stop me from making this puppy look outrageous. I've got BIG plans for this one! :) Anyway, here are my sprue photos. None of the bags are open and are still sealed as you can see in the images. I hope the view of my cell phone shows that the date is March 1st, 2013 and is legable. This is the first time I've ever entered any model building contest so hopefully I won't be too outdone by some of the talent here. Not sure if I should enter this in the automotive or the sci-fi catagory yet thou. Not sure when I have to decide. But here's the photos, so you can see.

Good luck to everyone! :)

I hope this works... couldn't quite get the cell phone image to show very well... but I did get the sprues in and all were taken today March 1st, 2013.

I like this kit! "Who you gonna call?" G-H-O-S-T B-U-S-T-E-R-S! Big plans? Does it involve a large Marshmellow man figurine? I hope so!! :)

Brings back some old memories of being a kid, hope the build goes well for you, good luck

Other then Star Wars... Ghostbusters is my second favorite movie of all time! I got alot of evil ideas for this build that will make it lots of fun!

Not gonna be easy... first biggest problem will be that darn black window... that's gotta go!

Will you be de-chroming? I have a different version of this kit and am wondering if that's a good direction to take.

Also, you may want to edit your images and reduce their size. That's what causing the very slow loading for this thread.

Let me know if you need help with that.

You should have some fun with this one!!! Looking forward to it!!!

Ian said:
Also, you may want to edit your images and reduce their size. That's what causing the very slow loading for this thread.

Let me know if you need help with that.

That should work a bit better now!

Lighting this one will be a challenge, but I know you can do it after that R2D2.

Are the black windows flat? If so, you can buy some clear styrene to replace it.

Grendels said:
Lighting this one will be a challenge, but I know you can do it after that R2D2.

Are the black windows flat? If so, you can buy some clear styrene to replace it.

I'm not sure, but was thinking of replacing them. Got some great ideas I've been mulling over... Here's a hint... PPs, PR, GTs, and of course... OBD! I'll let you figure that out! Hehehhehehe:)

Latest posts

Back