Pets in Modelling

I often have to drag a 100 pound dog out of the way of the bench to work -- he slides fairly easy on the laminate floor though. :D
There's 3 in particular that are always in the office where the bench is , and of course the 2 biggest ones are always right in the way .
But at least they don't jump up on the desktops !

I just purchased a couple more of those little Quick Grip clamps by Irwin . They're the perfect size for a lot of scale work .
LOL , they had a whole bunch of 1-star reviews on Amazon from people that thought they were much larger .
But to be fair , the accompanying photos show their larger clamps in use , so it is misleading .

Lowes was selling them for under 2 bucks each a long while back and I only grabbed 4 of them since I didn't think they'd be too useful and now I never see them anywhere there or elsewhere when I'm looking -- - so I had to pay over 6 bucks each from Amazon . I was thinking maybe they stopped making them .
Wish I had bought more when I was staring at that huge pile of them for cheap .

yeah, the clamps are great ... need a few more, plus i need the larger ones for woodworking ...

I would surmise that if I looked real hard, there is probably dog hair somewhere on everyone of my models.

My GF will be moving in with me here in the fall, and (hopefully) she'll be bringing her cat, Arcane. I say hopefully cos the complex normally is non pet, but she is trying to talk them into it, seeing as the maintenance people who live in our building have dogs.

The thing is... she raised him from a kitten, and has treated him like he is a person. So he thinks he is just a weird fur covered kid. He tries to talk to you and gets mad that you can't speak in meows. He tries to sit in chairs like a person.

He also loves to nibnose in whatever people are doing, and Zoe's told me many tales of his accidental disruption of her mini painting, so I expect such disruptions of my model projects should she be allowed to bring him here.:D

Last edited:
My Chihuahuas are parts pointer dogs.

They have run of the apartment/build studio and if they hear a part hit the floor followed by a curse by me they race to right where it landed (thank God for hardwood floors) and point to it with their noses like retrievers. And course their rewarded with their favorite treat as a thank you.

This is my shadow. He can't stand to be more than two feet away from me.

Attachments

• Gunner.jpg
    Gunner.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back