OV-10A Bronco: This kit has been trashed.

It is disheartening to go through the work and then end up not completing it.

Agreed. If I woulda known that was in the cards for one before it happens, I would just put it under the tire of the truck still sealed and squoosh it.

Ya' gotta have hope.

Rob.

Agreed. If I woulda known that was in the cards for one before it happens, I would just put it under the tire of the truck still sealed and squoosh it.

Ya' gotta have hope.

Rob.
Lol.
You gave me some inspiration to try and salvage this build.
I pull everything out of the garbage and will need some serious sanding, filing, and putty but I have an idea of what I want to do with it.
More to follow

Ok, woah, hold it. I never did say "go dig in the garbage", I'm just sayin' it ain't beneath ME. You shore ain't gotta stoop to my level, but, it is nice to have people drop by.

Check and see if they got a haffa ham sammich in there and I'll split it wit ya'.

Rob.

Ok, woah, hold it. I never did say "go dig in the garbage", I'm just sayin' it ain't beneath ME. You shore ain't gotta stoop to my level, but, it is nice to have people drop by.

Check and see if they got a haffa ham sammich in there and I'll split it wit ya'.

Rob.
I always told my kids that if they don’t like the choice they made they should choose something else.
I can follow my own advice. I don’t like throwing the build out so I chose to do something different. HA!!

No ham sandwich in here but found half a Reuben

Are you sayin' they ain't no ham sammich cause that would be very dissapointing.

Look again.

Rob.

Update on this build.
I just started putting on decals and dropped this model. It exploded into about 50 pieces. Attempted to glue back together but it was too far gone. Ended up in the trash.
I will pull a different model from my stash and start again.
I may get another OV-10A at some point but not yet.
I feel your pain. Almost had that happen a couple of times but somehow managed to catch it on the way down. Must be the Pantherman cat like reflexes.

I think, like Rob, I would have kept the bits. If it happened again and again I would put them all together in a sculpture called Failure.
Pantherman

Okay so after all that this ended up back in the garbage. I will get a new one at some point.
Will be starting a different build this week.

That is always painful to have happen. I put together a beautiful P51 once and was at the decal stage and dropped it. It was a sick feeling watching it shatter like glass. I tried fixing it but threw it out in the end. That was actually the last model I put together about 25 years ago until I started again this week...lol

Latest posts

Back