Ork Trukk - Citadel - Warhammer 40K

Haggistom

Hello All!

As I had so much fun(Tongue in cheek) I have decided to post the progress on my next build. Its an Ork Trukk to go with the Ork army I am building. Never actually play the game, just using the bits that my youngest boy had left over from his brief foray in Games Workshop & Warhammer 40K. Lots of cash spent on bits to take up space on shelves, so i figured why not join in and start painting. This is what started me painting 18 months ago although the Apache in the contest was my first non GW model since childhood. Anyway...

The sprues looked pretty clean and very little flash in evidence.

ork-trukk-sprue1.jpg

ork-trukk-sprue2.jpg

Started with the wheels that went together really well. The only problem was the seam line down the middle! Unlike normal wheels these crazy things have metal plates all over them which makes sanding somewhat interesting.

ork-trukk-pp-wheels.jpg

The good thing is the wheels will be dirty(Hides a lot ;)) and its Orky(Hides a lot ;))

Will keep you posted on progress.

Tom

A little creative glue work should hide the worst of those.
Mud should hide the rest.

Detail looks nice and sharp.

Small update just to let you know that i have not forgotten about this. Try to do a bit as and when time permits. Its getting there...

ork-trukk-pp-side.jpg

ork-trukk-pp-front.jpg

None of the main parts are glued yet, just all the sub assemblies.

If you play 40K you may or may not know that when you play the Ork Trukk you can add certain elements to the Trukk for additional points. My aim with this build is to magnetize as much as i can to allow for the additional options.

Here is where i am now.

ork-trukk-pp-magside.jpg

ork-trukk-pp-magfront.jpg

Only a few more bits to go as time permits.

Tom

Apologies for the length of time this is taking, but hey! That's Life...sometimes.

Have not been completely void of styrene goodness, so thought I would just give this post a wee update.

I have started painting the Trukk and have posted some of the pictures below.

Been having some fun with the airbrush and also been trying out some weathering/damage techniques.

Getting there slowly, but having fun none the less.

Front of Trukk

ork-trukk-front1.jpg

Nearside

ork-trukk-nearside1.jpg

Offside

ork-trukk-offside1.jpg

Rear

ork-trukk-rear1.jpg

Closeup of Engine

ork-trukk-engine1.jpg

Most of the main parts have still to be glued yet as it makes it easier to paint, etc.

Hopefully the next update will be the finished trukk, and hopefully not in 6 months.

Tom

Tom, I was looking at those kits today in the LHS. What scale would you make them out to be?

Thanks For the comments guys

wyoroy said:
Tom, I was looking at those kits today in the LHS. What scale would you make them out to be?

WoyRoy, Warhammer 40K scale in mind mind is all mucked up. Quaralane is right about the 28mm. That should translate to about 1:56 but I find that 1:48 is a good trade off for mixing and matching.

Tom

Haggistom said:
"mind mind" should read "my mind"

It's cool, I knew what you meant to say ;)

I have never played Warhammer but the armor stuff and vehicles look cool and fun to paint. I may have to give one a try.

Thanks tom. The tank like armor is very cool. In fact I think that may be one I was looking at. Plus some thing like a drop ship or such. Once I finish up with some of my other builds I want to try my hand at one of those kits.

Tom, I love the way it came out. I have been building the Chimera and just today picked up the Ork Trukk. Hope mine turns out as well as your's ;D

Hi Roy

Thanks for commenting. I had actually let this site slip to the back of my mind with so many other things on the go. Love what your doing with the Chimera.

Your Ork Trukk will be ace!

Take Care

Tom

Nice work on it. I like to see 40k stuff built from the scale modeler school of doing things, vs the games workshop style of,painting that is so popular.

Thanks CD. I would never class myself as a scale modeler :p, I am more of someone who does not have a clue what he does. I have loads of 40K on the shelf beside me and some scale model kits in the loft(7) so i guess its 40K stuff that floats my boat.

The good thing is that the skills are transferable no matter what your building.

Thanks again for the comment.

Take Care

Tom

Latest posts

Back