One of THOSE builds....

ceecrb1

I'm working away at an academy 1/72 f18a... and like I said.. its one of THOSE builds
Having so many problems, and not the fault of the model.
So far, it has fallen off my desk 4 times, so 4 parts broken off I had to find with a light on the floor, scratched the paint of a part, paint I might add that I mixed up and havnt been able to remix perfectly again....
Generally just making a mess of things, like I have not done in a long long time...

Maybe its time for a few days break from this one!

I do hope its not just me this happens to??

Sometimes I get the feeling that, even though I want to build something, I sit down and just can't do anything right.

I think it happens to alot of us. Good days and bad. Even though we may feel clear headed and enthused by an urge to build, it just doesn't always work out.

You're not alone.

I kinda feel like every model I build is one of THOSE models. I try my best to avoid it but I'll generally make a few mistakes on my builds and end up having to re-paint or re-build something. Im pretty clumsy by nature so I've dropped and damaged a lot of parts. Messing up kit parts has forced me to do a lot of scratch building, so in a way thats a good thing. I just try to take a deep breath and remind myself that it is supposed to be challenging and that is why I like doing it. If every model fell together without any problems, call me nuts, but I dont think it would be quite as much fun.

ClumsyModeler said:
ceecrb1 said:
spud said:
Lol I've never had one fall from my desk. ;D

My 2 year old son helped me out with that part...........
Ooohhh I geddit, it "fell." I think I heard that one on COPS when they arrested someone for spousal abuse. ;)

Thats my version and i'm sticking to it!! ehhehe ;D

SoarinSukhoi said:
You mean you're only supposed to have one of those builds?

Yeah, only one?

I have three cats, one is only 9 months old. If he isn't knocking stuff off of tables and shelves, the others are rubbing against them and leaving behind hair on everything. Fortunately the hair is so fine that when I pull it out of paint, it usually doesn't leave a mark.

You're definitely not alone in this regard. While I don't recall having an entire kit fall off my desk, I have had numerous parts, jars (usually in a non-empty state) fall on the floor (and myself), and I don't think I've made a single model that contains all of the original parts.

And while this has been very frustrating, I agree with MrNatural that almost every build is one of those builds. I also feel that these challenges have made me a better modeller.

When I feel myself getting really frustrated with a build I usually take a break for at least the rest of the day, if not a couple of days, and I find that when I return to the project, I will have figured out how to fix any areas that were affected during my previous build session.

Man, I make at least one 'major' mistake per build....there's always one bigger thing that I'd do different next time round.

But I take that as probably the best part. That means I'm learning and gaining experience. Aint' no other way than to mess it up at least once. With all the hundreds of techniques we can use on our models I think I have a good 57 years of mistakes in front of me.

:)

So Scott! you are An Optimist? LOL. you are right..... Making mistake is prob. The only way to learn. But ruining a great kit in the process isn't much fun! sometimes.... walking away....and returning to it at a later time....could also help re-assessing the solution on how to fix it?

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back