On EBay right now

I want that SS sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BAD. Wonder if I can squeak it by the wife since its a little rare :D

"Ships only to USA"

Just an observation: the seller is cutting out (at least) 20% of his market by not being willing to ship to Canada or any other market...and the actual best bid he will recieve will probably reflect that. Why some sellers limit themselves like that is beyond me. Really, there is no more risk in shipping to Toronto than there is in shipping to Detroit. If the buyer pays the actuall shipping costs (as in most evilbay transactions) why limit your market like that?

@ComfortablyNumb
Speaking as an off and on Ebay seller, I can totally understand his limiting the market like that.
Canada may not be too bad, but international beyond that can be a nasty process both in costs and in headaches, depending on where you're shipping.
I'll ship to Canada, but I won't ship beyond the US and CaNADA.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

I've bought from US ONLY sellers before. Usually a quick email, asking permission to bid and letting them know that I'll cover 100% of the shipping is all it takes.

I'd love both of those, but buying kits is off limits for the foreseeable future :(

Good for you! That was a fantastic price with the upgraded cockpit and lighting system to boot. That's the Atomic City X-wing and it sells for $295.00 + $30.00 shipping. Badger you scored! Are you planning a build thread here at SMA?

Ohhhhhh yes. Whenever I get around to it that is. This'll be my first dive into resin

Yes. Those resin wings are really heavy and simply using CA to attached them might not be enough. Most people that build that kit drill holes in the fuselage and wing roots, paying careful attention to measure and align. Then they insert brass rod resulting in 'pinning'.

Latest posts

Back